55 - Part 5 of 6

Chapter 55: Disappointed

[3rd Person's Point of View]

"Oh! Yukihira Soma's bringing something out!" Urara exclaimed. Everyone except for Soma and you; looked surprised. "It's a giant wok! He's putting it over roaring flames!"

"He was actually serious?" Megu asked you who in turn nodded.

"Instant Yakisoba. All right, time for the finishing touches." Soma said smiling smugly before pouring the soba noodles in the wok.

"Hey! / Is that? / Soba!? / No way. / He's stir-frying it!" the students exclaimed. Kinokuni glared at the grinning Soma.

"What is it bad? But yakisoba's made by pan-frying the noodles." Alice said. Polar Star went gloomy then they shook you who were currently leaning on the rails.

"(Reader)-chan tell Soma he's doing it wrong!" Yuki said.

"Don't shake me-- I'm getting dizzy." You said which made them stop. "Gee, don't you guys trust Soma?" you asked then they looked at you.

"Minna, if (Reader)-chan said Soma-kun is going to win. Soma-kun would definitely win!" Megu said positively.

"In kawara soba, the regional specialty of Yamaguchi prefecture, the soba noodles are grilled after they're boiled, right (Reader)-chan?" Ryoko asked.

"Yes, but it's made from cha soba." (Reader) replied.

"If we were to go to a traditional Edo-style soba restaurant for our Stagiaire and try to pan-fry soba like Yukihira, we would've been thrown out right away." Takumi added. "That's how eccentric this is."

"Fuwaaa~ But it smells so good!" Megu said.

"That looks good too. / I can't stop drooling." Daigo and Shoji said while drooling.

"He's at a disadvantage for sure." Shun said.

"No he isn't." you said so they all looked at you. "In terms of the aroma, and the temperature Kinokuni-senpai already lost. You'll know it later." You said which left them dumbfounded as you exited the hall.

🍜 🍜 🍜 🍜 🍜

Eishi who was on the other side of the hall followed (Reader) with his eyes.

"Does (Reader)-chan have a problem? / What's wrong with her?" Shoji and Daigo asked.

"Cutie (Reader)-chin is disappointed at you guys for not believing that our team will win against Central, right Cutie?" Kuga asked Megu which made her panic.

"I believe that is true, it seems like (Reader)-chan was the only one who is putting all her trust on our skills." Erina said.

"I have profiled (Reader)-chan and never found out what her skill is, but I know one thing that she dislikes people who degrades her friends." Mimasaka said.

The Polar Star Members then sighed. They knew they had done something wrong. "Don't get so sad minna, I know (Reader)-chan isn't angry at you." Megu comforted.

"I have never seen (Reader)-chan frustrated like that before." Takumi said.

"Well, how would we know when she always smile at us like she has no problem?" Hayama asked. Isami kept quiet while watching them.

"Don't lose, Yukihira!" Kurokiba yelled.

"Soma-kun, hang in there!" Megumi yelled too which made the Polar Star cheer for Soma and Megishima too.