41 - Hesitated

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

They say the devil wears prada. But the devil in front of me wore leather. Upon leaving the miserable damp room we were met with an unforgettable sight.

"Sovereign." Ace growled, holding me by his side. Sovereign turned his attention towards Ace after eyeing me up and down. What is it with these fucking pigs. I felt the cold air against my bare skin, for I only had a bra and shorts on. I felt so exposed. But I was too tired to care.

"I specifically told Leo Constantine to capture you and that no harm was to come to you both. Seems that he didn't live up to his end of the bargain." Sovereign said, his smooth voice almost lulled me to sleep. His face was still covered with his hood and he carried a crossbow on his back.

"You see I wanted you alive because you are no good to me dead. Not yet at least." Sovereign added as he paced in front of us. His words didn't make sense. "Don't think about making a move Ace. I will kill Alessia before you can even try and do you really want to risk it?" He growled, his attention on him. He knew I was beyond weak and exhausted. But Ace, he was still capable enough.

Ace breathed heavily. It was unusual for him to be in a situation where he wasn't in control. And the state he was in didn't help.

"I want to show you both something." Sovereign said as he offered a hand to me. I didn't take it. He shook his head and walked out of the door.

"Are you all right?" I asked in concern as I looked up at Ace. He tried his best to take as much of my weight as he could but he struggled with his own footing.

"I'm fine. I've been shot countless times. It almost feels like nothing. Like I'm numb." He replied as he tried to ignore the blood still running down his wounds. But I couldn't. He wasn't fine. He purposely avoided my question. I was more concerned about the effects of whatever was in that needle than any of his gunshot wounds.

As we made our way outside, the bright light blinded me temporarily. I coughed feeling the sharp bitter air sting at my wounds. The wind battered my skin making goosebumps appear. I was covered in dried blood and the blood from my wounds, although now slowed down, they haven't stopped bleeding. It caused me concern. I fought against the blackness my eyes kept shrouding over me, wanting to take me to a better place. I didn't believe in heaven or hell, but I don't think I would be going to paradise.

I heard multiple gasps as I struggled to keep upright against Ace. He, however, was strong as ever and I could feel his heart racing. He was angry and pissed. Looking up I saw Sovereign chuckling.

Mariano, Alena, Tom, Zara, KC and Ramsay were on their knees in a line. Men dressed in black stood behind each of them as their arms were bound behind their backs. Their eyes were downcast but I caught Mariano's eye. He sported a nasty black eye and a large blood stain covered his shirt. And as pathetic as Alena was, I felt sorry for the bruises that painted her delicate arms.