58 - Part 2 of 5

Chapter 58: 2nd Bout

[3rd Person's Point of View]

"All right. Guess I'll get things started." Kuga said as he hit his palm using his fist.

"Kuga-senpai is in action!" Yuki said.

"He's already got an idea despite the difficult topic?" Marui exclaimed.

"Good going former 8th seat!" Daigo yelled.

"I'd expect nothing less from you, Kuga." Eishi said which made Kuga look at him.

"Chinese cuisine demands a variety of cooking methods, which makes a chef rather flexible. It's a waste not to have you in the Elite Ten anymore."

Kuga then scoffed. "Give that crap a rest, Tsukassan! Like you ever cared about anyone!" Kuga yelled.

[FlashBack]

You were with Soma while walking down the hall. You stopped on your tracks when you saw Kuga and Eishi face to face.

"Fight me in the next Shokugeki." you heard Kuga said.

"Could you give me some time to think about it?" Eishi said seriously.

"I'll go discuss it with everyone else." he added smiling like he doesn't care while scratching his cheek.

He then turned his back and started to walk away,

"Well, see you later." Eishi said.

Kuga sighed and brought his fan out, but it was blown by the cold wind outside. Soma, with his fast reflexes caught the fan.

"Whoa! Here you go!" Soma said.

"Ah thanks!" Kuga said smiling then turned to realize. "Yukihira-chin?! (Reader)-chin?!" he asked surprised and embarrassed.

"If you're nervous want me to use the Yukihira-style relaxation technique on you?" Soma asked. "Put your hands together! Just like this!" Soma said while putting his hands together.

"It's pretty effective to be honest." you said.

"Uh, just so you know." Kuga said blushing then suddenly turned serious. "This battle with Tsukassan. I'm definitely going to..." he added.

[End of FlashBack]

"So (Reader), what are your thoughts?" Soma asked.

"Are you sure?" you asked then he nodded. You opened your mouth but hesitated.

{Permission: Granted.}

After reading that, you pulled him down and whispered in his ear. "You'll fight Rin-senpai, Ei-senpai and Somei-senpai." you stated which made him surprised.

"Then, Kuga-senpai, Megishima-senpai and Mimasaka." Soma asked standing straight.

"Yeah, don't tell anyone about it yet." you said.

"Huh? Cayenne pepper eh?" Megishima asked while reading the paper where their topic was written.

"Come on now! Do you really have time to hesitate?" Rindo asked while bringing her knife case out. "Let's do this, Megishima!" she yelled.

"W-what is that? Is that actually food?" Yuki asked.

"No way!" Hisako exclaimed.

"It's still alive!" Iku said.

"An alligator!?" they exclaimed.

"Don't make him eat you! (Nickname)~ look at my pet." Rindo said while carrying the alligator towards you.

"Gah Rin-Senpai!!" you called out when the Alligator rubbed its head on your feet. "Go away! What? Are you a dog?!" you yelled at the alligator.

"(Nickname) you're so harsh!" Rindo said then laughed at you.

"Alligator meat? She's not possibly thinking about using that at a Shokugeki, is she?" Marui asked.

"That must mean she's pretty confident." Ryoko said terrified.

"Of course, she is, you stupid rebels! Rindo-senpai is a kind of cher you rarely see even at Totsuki!" Urara yelled. "She's a true master of rare ingredients!"

"Uh-oh he got away." Rindo said then the alligator chased Urara which made you laugh.

"Stay away!" Urara yelled while running away.

"Come on, don't do that." Rindo said and caught the alligator.

"Megishima, I had a lot of fun when we were both in the Elite Ten but now that we're enemies. I'm going to crush you without a second thought." Rindo said.

"Sure. I plan on doing the same." Megishima replied. "Come at me with everything you've got, Kobayashi!"

"Now then little guy, I'm going to thank you for offering up your life." Rindo told the alligator before skinning it alive. "Good. You've got some excellent meat on you." Rindo said.

"Is that char siu pork?" Iku asked eyeing the ingredient Megishima was going to use.

"Then the dish Megishima-senpai's trying to make is Ramen?" Yuki and Ryoko said.

"If Rindo-senpai is the rare ingredient master then Megishima-senpai is the ramen master!" Megumi exclaimed.

"What I'm about to make is African ramen!" Megishima said.

"The hell is that? / Does Africa have Ramen? / No idea."

"Preparations seem to be going well in each bout!" Urara announced. Megishima was pounding the cayenne pepper while Rindo was stir-frying it.

"Wow! Megishima-senpai and the others seem to be going at full power." Megu exclaimed.

Eishi was currently analyzing the tea leaves he's going to use. He then took out a long grater. "The heck is that?" Soma asked.

"It's a utensil known as a grater, but I've never seen one that long." Taku replied.

"It's almost like a knight's sword. The White Knight of the Table!" Megu exclaimed.

Then Eishi tossed the ingredients on air then started grating them.

"You doing okay, Kuga?" Eishi asked. "Being trapped in your own field may be a bad habit of yours."