seventeen | infected

Astrid follows Clarke out of the drop ship, after telling her that she's completely fine for about ten minutes

Astrid follows Clarke out of the drop ship, after telling her that she's completely fine for about ten minutes. Her eyebrows raise, impressed to see delinquents actually working and helping others the best they can - or maybe just impressed by how good Bellamy threatend them.

Bellamy strolls over to the two girls, his eyes lingering more on Astrid. "You okay?" he asks, concerned as he stops a few meters from them.

Astrid sens Bellamy a soft and tired smile. "I feel like I'm on cloud nine." she jokes, earning a soft chuckle from Bellamy.

He turns to Clarke as raises an eyebrow. "You got enough food in there, water?"

"Yeah, some medicine would be nice." Clarke retorts.

"I'll see what I can do." Bellamy responds before he starts to approack the drop ship. "Octavia, you okay?" he calls out.

Clarke's face flashes with panic as she stops Bellamy from going further in the ship."Bellamy, wait. She's not here. I sent her to see Lincoln. Look. If there's a cure, he has it. I didn't tell you because I knew you wouldn't let her go."

Bellamy looks at Clarke with his jaw clenched. "If anything happens to her, you and me are gonna have problems." he threatens while Astrid akwardly looks at the trees.

What nice trees.

Bellamy turns from Clarke, sending one last reassuring looks to Astrid before turning away from the drop ship and going towards other delinquents when suddenly a boy starts retching blood.

People begin to panick as multiple delinquents try to stay away from the boy. "Get to the drop ship, now!" Bellamy yells over the noise.

More people start vomiting blood when suddenly a gunshot is heard. Astrid looks towards her right where Clarke is holding a
gun.

"This is exactly what the Grounders want. Don't you see that? They don't have to kill us if we kill each other first." Clarke explains loudly. Astrid might hate Clarke but she can't deny that she's right.

"They won't have to kill us if we all catch the virus. Get back in the damn dropship!" another delinquent yells as he points his own gun towards Clarke and Astrid who are standing side by side.

Bellamy walks forward angrily before snatching the gun from the delinquent and hitting him in the face with it. "Not to state the obvious, but you're quarantine isn't working." he says as he turns to Astrid and Clarke.

Suddenly, Clarke falls to the ground but before Astrid can catch her, Finn is already there, ignoring his girlfriend's shouts of protest.

"Octavia will come back with a cure." Clarke assures Finn.

"There is no cure, but the grounders don't use the sickness to kill!" Octavia announces as she enters camp.

"Really? Tell that to them." Bellamy motions ro the dead bodies. "I warned you about seeing that Grounder again." he scoffs.

"Yeah? Well, I have a warning for you, too. The Grounders are coming... and they're attacking at first light." Octavia says as gasps and frightened whispers are heard in camp.

Bellamy and Astrid share one more look before Astrid enters the drop ship with Clarke, Finn and Octavia while Bellamy goes to make more bullets.

————

After deciding that they will plant a bomb on the bridge the grounders will arrive on, Astrid was exhausted. She didn't have the virus, but that didn't mean that she wasn't tired from walking around and helping people.

Astrid leans on the outside of the drop ship while she rubs her temples.

"You okay?" she hears a voice asks and she looks up at the concerned face of Bellamy. He tries to get closer but she holds a hand between them.

"Don't come closer. I may be immune but you probably aren't." she warns, pointing a finger at him when she sees his mouth curve up in a smirk.

"I've already touched a couple infected people. If I'll get the virus, it isn't because of you." he says as he approaches Astrid once again. This time she lets him, and practically melts into him when he wraps his arms around her waist and sets his chin on her head.

"I'm so tired." Astrid's voice is muffled because of Bellamy's shirt, but surprisingly he hears her perfectly.

"I know. I'm tired too, Blue." he says as he pulls away and looks down at her. His eyes dart to her lips and without a second thought, he dips his head down and connects their lips. Astrid's hands tug on his hair as Bellamy's grip tightens on her hips.

Astrid pulls  away out of breath and leans her forehead on Bellamy's. He goes to kiss her again but she stops him, as she smiles amused.

Bellamy pouts. "Am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?"

Astrid's eyebrows raised in shock. "Girlfriend?" she questions with a smirk.

Bellamy shrugs, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Yeah. Unless you want to be more than that. Not that it's a problem." he says as he pesters kisses on her neck.

Astrid chuckles silently. "Girlfriend's good." she says than pushes him away. "Now go make that bomb."

Bellamy sends her an exasperated look before finally pecking her on the lips one more time and heading towards Raven's tent.

————

Astrid and Octavia help people around the drop ship until some more delinquents enter. They both look towards the entrance, only to see some boys carrying Bellamy.

"Shit." Astrid curses as her and Octavia help Bellamy and set him down on in a corner of the room. Bellamy continues to cough and retch, and seeing as the siblings wanted to talk, Astrid got up to get some water.

————

After helping some more people and seeing that Bellamy and Octavia aren't talking anymore, Astrid sits down next to him. Bellamy turns his head towards her and grabs her hand, squeezing it tightly.

Astrid grabs a wet material and wipes some blood off of Bellamy's face. "It's my fault." she says quietly, guilt flooding her.

Bellamy shakes his head. "It isn't. Stop blaming yourself. Please." he begs. Astrid sighs but complies anyway.

After she finishes cleaning him up, she goes to leave only to be pulled back into Bellamy's chest. "Stay. Please." Bellamg says quietly. Astrid remembers that he said the same thing the night Charlotte died, how vulnerable he was.

She nods her head and kisses his cheek soflty before laying her head on his chest and holding his hand tightly.

authors note

its 1 am and im so tired i wanna sleep but i also really wanted to post this chapter so yea. sorry if its bad but i am literally falling asleep while writing it.

also, thank you so much for 9k+ reads IT REALLY MEANS SO MUCH TO ME BUT IM SO TIRED RIGHT NOW SO I DON'T FEEL LIKE WRITING A PARAGRAPH