nineteen | worries

Astrid mindlessly traced shapes on Bellamy's chest as she thought about what was happening in camp

Astrid mindlessly traced shapes on Bellamy's chest as she thought about what was happening in camp. This was the second day after they blew up the bridge and no grounder was in sight. Nothing. That made Astrid anxious, knowing that if they were coming, they weren't going to hesitate in slaughtering them all.

"What are you thinking about?" Bellamy whispered as his grip tightened slightly on her hips and his lips gosted her temple.

Astrid sighed. "Nothing, it's just-" she paused as she felt Bellamy's stare on her. "I'm worried. And I'm scared. I'm scared for my friends and for every single kid in this camp and I'm scared for you."

Bellamy put a finger under her chin and lifted her head in order for her too meet his eyes. His brown eyes were soft and understanding and Astrid had never felt so loved since her father died. Yes, her friends loved her but this was a different kind of love.

"Listen to me," he said firmly but softly. "No one is going to die. We're going to get through this and then we're going to expand this camp," he paused as he smiled slightly. "And we're going to build a garden with whatever flower you'd like, and maybe build our own cabin."

"You say that as if the grounders are our only problem." Astrid whispered, ignoring the flutter in her heart at his statement. Our own cabin.

"What else is there?" Bellamy asked as he placed soft kisses on both her cheeks.

"There's multiple plants that could kill us, and that yellow gas that burned us and then there's weird animals and we don't know what's in Mount Weather-"

Bellamy cut Astrid off by kissing her. He put a hand on her cheek as his other hand went from her hips to her waist. The kiss was slow and passionate and Astrid didn't want it to stop. She put her arms around Bellamy's neck and tangled her hands in his hair, pulling it a bit. A groan came from Bellamy, making Astrid smirk but pull away breathless.

He went to kiss her again but she put a hand on his mouth, kissed his cheek and quickly got out of bed.

"Tease." Bellamy chuckled lightly as he watched Astrid get dressed. Astrid shot him a quick smile and pecked him in the lips.

"You should get to work, Mr. Blake." she playfully crossed her arms as Bellamy stood up and crossed his arms as well while sending her a smirk. Astrid tried to not stare at his naked chest but god damn it was difficult.

"Mr. Blake?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He took a step closer to Astrid. "I'll show you Mr. Blake" he playfully grabbed her by the waist and spinned her around while enjoying the sound of her laughter.

Everything was perfect.

For now.

Astrid sat beside Octavia and Murphy in the smokehouse as they cleaned the meat they were supposed to have that night.

Del, a delinquent from camp came in with a lazy grin and dumped some wood in the fire. "Let's get this party smoking."