Chapter 46: Shades of Grey XIII (Grey Finale)

A/N: This is the last part of Chapter 46. STRICTLY NO SPOILERS!

 STRICTLY NO SPOILERS!

LORELEI

"Ah, the QED Four! What a coincidence!"

OF ALL the people we could possibly meet in the hospital, why did it have to be Stein Alberts? It's been a few days since I last saw his annoying grin and heard his voice. Imagine not only my surprise but everyone else's in the elevator upon seeing his face.

The more boggling question right now in our heads was: what the hell was he doing here?

"Sobrang na-starstruck ba kayo sa akin kaya 'di n'yo nagawang makalabas diyan sa elevator?" nakangising tanong ni Stein, napahawak pa sa kanyang dibdib. "Parang nakakita kayo ng multo, ah? Didn't you miss my—"

Looking not so amused, Loki repeatedly pressed the "close door" button. Nagsimulang mag-slide ang pinto at unti-unting nawala sa paningin namin si Stein. But before the elevator got totally closed, ipinasok ni Stein ang kanyang braso sa maliit na gap sa elevator. For a second, I thought that his hand was about to be cut off. But that's not how elevator doors work.

The door slid open again as Stein stuck out his hand. "Why are you so serious?"

"Get your hand off the elevator," Loki threatened him.

"Or else what?"

"I'll let this door cut your hand off."

"Oh, I wanna see you try."

"Guys," Alistair interrupted them. "Baka may iba pang kailangang gumamit ng elevator. Let's talk in the lobby, shall we?"

Nauna siyang lumabas ng elevator. Sumunod kaming dalawa ni Jamie na binabantayan ng tingin si Stein. Loki was the last to leave, still locked into a staring contest with his archnemesis.

"I have to go somewhere, but I guess I can spare a few minutes to catch up with you!" Stein said, rubbing his palms together. Parang kaibigan namin siya na matagal na naming hindi nakikita at aksidente naming nakasalubong dito sa ospital. The only difference was, we do not like to see him again. If possible.

"What are you doing here?" Loki asked.

"Answering my question with another question?" Stein giggled. "Is that your way of saying 'you missed me'?"

A realization dawned on me. I was so taken aback by seeing Stein that I forgot something. Luthor's room is on the fifth floor. Stein was just leaving the fifth floor! Could he have paid him a visit before we do? Was he checking if his general is still alive and kicking? Or was he here to personally finish the job? Siya ba ang nasa likod ng paglason kay Luthor?

So many questions running on my mind right now. I wanna see if Luthor's still okay. I hope he is.

"What are you doing here?" Loki asked again.