Chapter Twenty Four

Myra was barely breathing as she pushed a hand against her chest. Her heartbeat was quiet as she pushed herself up onto her feet. 

The darkness circled her and showed her the bright light shining down on a few people far away. Myra couldn't make them out until the light grew with every step they took. 

She covered her eyes shielding herself from the light that wrapped around her. Myra didn't know where she was,but she had an inkling. She was dead. 

She could hear Elias's voice in the empty place she was in. He was calling out to her, screaming her name. 

"You did it." An excited male's voice said. 

Myra lowered her arm down to see three beautiful people standing in front of her. There was a dark skinned male standing in front of her, a grin on his face as he wore all black. Two girls stood besides him, the same grins on their faces as well. 

"Who are you?" She asked softly but she already knew. 

"You saved our power." The girl with the blonde hair said as she walked towards her. Myra felt the woman wrap her arms around her. "You gave us peace." 

Peace was so rare to everyone and she didn't know what they meant by it. "You're the elements, but you were supposed to be children." She muttered stupidly as the blonde girl took a step back. 

"We have been stuck here for years." The male said as the girl stood beside him. "We have been waiting and watching you live your life because there was nothing else we could do. We tried so many times to make you run from that stupid shithole." The man shook his head, disgust clear in his voice. 

Myra froze. 

"You're the voices in my head." The ones that told her to run, the ones that helped her find herself. The ones she always tried to shut out. 

The elements. Raymond. She watched him as he grinned at her. Myra couldn't believe that she was seeing them, there were so many questions she wanted to ask them but her mind was blank except for one question. "Am I dead?" She asked, pressing a hand against her chest. 

"Your magic is out of control and you used it all too fast, too recklessly." The girl with the brown hair told her, much older than them. "You should have let your magic explore his mind. If you had waited a little longer, you would have noticed the magic killing him from the inside." Myra felt like she was getting told off as she listened to the woman. "You rushed it and your magic took everything out of you."

"So I'm dead." Mhra breathed out, Elias's voice an echo somewhere far far away from her. She wanted to get back to him, she wanted to be with him. 

"I want to go back." She pleaded, taking a step away from them. It was unfair to snatch her away from him, from her happiness

Myra turned around, pushing her hair out of her face as she closed her eyes tightly, demanding her soul to return to her body. 

"Your magic is yours. You can create anything from it. Just imagine what you want, and your magic will obey. Be careful, look and listen before you attack." The words were echoed in her mind as she twirled around on them. 

"I want to go back!" She shouted, her voice was a plea. She didn't want to be here, she wanted to be Elias's arm, where she knew she was safe. 

Raymond took a step towards her. "You have set us free, we will be taken to the AfterWorld now. This is our gift to you. Listen to us." He told her, as he stood in front of her. 

Myra listened. Her heart beated faster and echoed in the empty world she was standing in. Raymond talked about magic, on how she needed to control everything. To listen and to look and to understand. He told her it would take her years before she was an expert but she should never give up. 

She nodded and watched them. The three of them held hands, saying their goodbyes with a grateful smile on their faces. "The elements you set free will be in others. It is your job to find them and make sure they are safe." Raymond told her. 

Myra said okay. She felt it first before they blew gold dust on her. Her world was spinning, as they disappeared from her sight. Myra closed her eyes tightly, letting her body fall or rise. 

"Please wake up baby." His voice warmed her body up as she gasped out loud and opened her eyes. "Fuck." Elias breathed out. There was no hesitation in him as he wrapped his arms around her body and lifted her up. "You scared me." 

Myra clung onto his body, wrapping her arms tightly around him. She was okay. She was alive. 

She noticed the dead wolves on the ground but her pack was okay. She could see they were all alive. Her friends were grinning at her. 

Myra let out a breath as she pulled away from Elias. For the first time in a while, her mind was clear as she stared up at him. He was okay. Her eyes ran down his body but she couldn't see any injuries. He was okay

Elias cupped her face, tilting it up a little so she was staring up at him. "He is dead. They all are." He leaned down to kiss her softly. 

Myra felt the true essence of those words as they sent chills up her back. 

I'm proud of you, baby. Elias murmured into her mind, as his lips kissed hers. 

Myra Emerson was finally free. 

●●●●●

The End.