Chapter 13 - Easy there, tiger

Erin had absolutely no idea what to expect, so she just changed into some comfortable, but still presentable clothes and waited by the fire. Most students went up to their dormitories at night to hang out with their roommates, so it was calm in the common room. Erin looked at her watch every two minutes, not very sure what she was waiting for.

At two minutes to ten, Tamsin walked up to Erin, looking rather confused.

"Erin, Wood's at the door. It's ten o'clock, what's he doing here?" she asked. Wood was at their door? What?

Erin stood up, just as confused as Tamsin and walked to the entrance. So Oliver was literally going to show her something?

She opened the door to reveal Oliver Wood, casually leaning against the wall.

"Merlin, Wood, what are you doing here?" Erin whisper-yelled.

"I told you I had to show you something", he shrugged. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Erin asked, not moving an inch.

"Slytherin quidditch practice."

"What? But it's ten in the evening!" The quidditch teams always practiced either before breakfast or before supper.

"Exactly", Oliver said and rose a brow, indicating that something fishy was going on. That did catch Erin's attention. Oliver turned around to walk away, but Erin knew that sneaking through the castle was risky at night.

"Wait, Oliver!" She called out for him. "I know a better way." Oliver turned around and she pulled him inside the Hufflepuff common room. Luckily, there were only a handful of students still up and most of them didn't seem to care. The Hufflepuff common room was often visited by other houses, even though it was technically not allowed, so it wasn't a very big deal.

"We can go through the windows up there. We'll be outside without having to go through the castle hallways", Erin explained. "But if we're going to be spying on a quidditch practice, I'm bringing an extra jumper, hold on."

Erin sprinted up to her dormitories, pulling a warm, grey sweater over her shirt. She grabbed her notebook and quill to jot down some of Slytherin's strategies. She looked in the mirror and quickly brushed her hair. He probably wouldn't even notice, but she still wanted to look as good as she could in such an unexpected situation.

"Ready to go", she said as she came back down. Oliver was wearing a black turtleneck which suited him really well. Erin tore her eyes away from him and opened up the window.

"Come on, let's go", she said and folded her hands for him to step into.

"You're going to push me up?" Oliver asked skeptically, which Erin scoffed at.

"You think I'm not strong enough? I can stupify you up there too if you'd rather have that", she hissed.

"Easy there, tiger", he smirked as he stepped into her hands, finding a good grip on the windowsill. He pulled himself up with ease and squirmed through the window.

"Come on", he said and reached out. She put her hands on the windowsill as well and pushed herself up as far as she could until Oliver could reach her and pull her up entirely.

"What a workout", Oliver sighed as they had both landed on the grass.

"Are you calling me fat?" Erin said jokingly hurt, which immediately made Oliver uncomfortable.

"No, no, that's not what I meant at all. I just-"

"Relax captain, I'm joking", she chuckled as she dusted off her outfit. They both checked their surroundings before starting their hike to the quidditch field.