43

" 𝒐𝒉, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 "

'Good morning, children. Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations, O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWL's, Study hard and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven, but you'll be pleased to know, from now on. You will be following a carefully structured, Ministry-approved, course of defensive magic. Yes?' I let out a low growl, I didn't like Umbridge in the slightest, she was a bitch. 'There's nothing in here about using spells?' Umbitch looked in shock 'Spells? Well I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my class' I furrowed my brows, what the fuck was defence against dark arts if there were no spells?

'We're not using magic?' My brother argued, to be honest he was speaking my thoughts but that wasn't the point. 'You'll be learning about defensive spells in a risk-free way' I snorted quietly making Draco give me a quick glare. 'What use is that? if we get attacked it won't be risk-free' He argued again. 'Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class!' She screeched. 'It is the view of the Ministry... that a theoretical knowledge will be sufficient... to get you through your examinations... which, after all, is what school is all about' I hated her more and more but one of the next things she would say would tip me over the edge. 'And how is theory meant to prepare us for what's out there?' He snapped again 'There is nothing out there dear, Who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourselves' He shrugged with sarcasm 'I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort'.

'Now, let me make this quite plain. You have been told, that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie.' I growled. My brother tried to fight her again but earned a detention, I couldn't deal with this. I stood abruptly and she looked over at me, 'Not to stick up for my brother but are you saying Cedric Diggory just dropped dead of his own accord' My voice broke several times but I couldn't care less. 'Cedric's death was a tragic accident' I felt Draco's hand reach for mine but I snatched it back. 'It was murder and he was killed' I shot back 'ENOUGH ENOUGH' I flinched at her shouting 'Detention for you as well' I scoffed and grabbed my bag 'oh, you won't see me there' I stuck up my middle finger and walked out.

|||

It had been one week since Umbridge's lesson and I had not shown up to the detention, she had tried to find me but I avoided her and it was working well, I knew enough to not need to go to defence against the dark arts so I would skip it for the year I guess. I frowned deeply and wandered into the woods, I could see the black skinny horses that had pulled the carriage, 'y/n?' I turned my head and smiled at the Ravenclaw that was Luna Lovegood. I bowed my head, 'Can you see them?' she asked I nodded gulping. 'Why can no one else see them?' Luna moved forward and stroked them along with smiling at me. 'We have seen death' I gulped as Cedric falling to the ground flashed in my head. 'Who was it for you?' I questioned my voice laced with concern.

'My mum' She paused 'she liked to experiment and one day it went bad... I was 9' My frown deepened, 'yes it is rather horrible, but I've got my dad. We both believe you and Harry by the way' I bit my lip and bowed my head. 'That He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back, and you fought him, and the Ministry and the Prophet are conspiring against you' I forced a smile, 'they seem to dislike Harry more right now' she nodded and took my hand in hers giving it a light squeeze, 'you've got this' I turned my lips upwards in a genuine smile, she really was great.

|||

For the next couple of weeks Umbridge went around assessing all the teachers, she would set a bunch of rules, I could hardly stand near my boyfriend or any friend that was a boy for that matter as she was that strict. I was currently gathering around the courtyard with almost every other student to witness whatever the hell the big bitch was doing know. It seemed like Professor Trelawney was being fired. Don't get me wrong divination was utter shit but she didn't deserve this; to be embarrassed in front of everyone and especially not by her. 'Sixteen years I've lived and taught here' She mumbled and both me and McGonagall ran forward. I caught her in my arms as she sobbed shooting Umbridge a dirty look whilst her and McGonagall bickered a little. I stroked her extremely fluffy hair 'shh you're just fine'. 

The huge great doors opened from far away and Dumbledore walked through, swiftly making his way towards us, 'May I ask you to escort Sybil back inside' Dumbledore's voice boomed loudly. She started muttering thanks, tears still spilling from her eyes. 'Sybil, dear this way' McGonagall took her hand and we bowed heads at each other whilst I scurried back to where Draco was. Umbridge and Dumbledore were talking but I got lost in Malfoy's words so I didn't care. 'y/n please be careful, I don't want you hurt by her' I leaned back and kissed his cheek, the first bit of public affection we had ever had. 'I'm fine I promise' I slipped my hand into his. I looked back to Dumbledore who seemed to be dismissing all of us. 'Don't you all have studying to do?' We all started dispersing off. I was walking with Blaise back to the common room when his voice whispered in my ear making my whole body tingle. 'Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight.'

[A/N] I'm really worried that the order of the phoenix part of this book will be a lot smaller than the others but I will try and stretch it out.