51

Fred POV

               starting the night of the detention

I was playing chess with George when Harry made it back to common room

"Hey Mate, how was Umbitch." George asked, I noticed Harry seemed uncomfortable. He was holding his had, "Harry what did she do to you?" Hermione asked, taking his hand in hers, "This is medieval. We need to tell someone."

"No! Im fine, I just hope Maeve is okay.". Oh right she had the same detention as him tonight.

"Is she okay? Did you walk her back to the barrels?" I asked

"No, she talked back to Umbridge, and got an extra 2 hours."

"What? Well then i'll go wait for her, i'll see you lot later." i got up

"I wouldn't," Hermione said, "Snape is patrolling over there, and Malfoy is doing rounds tonight."

"You'll see her at breakfast tomorrow." George grabbed my arm, "Lets finish this game."

I'd be lying and say I had a perfect night sleep but I didn't. I barely got any, I just wanted to break into the barrels and make sure she was okay. When I finally fell a sleep I overslept, I had this whole plan to wake up really early and wait for her outside their portal and walk with her to breakfast.

"Fred, get up you'll miss breakfast." Lee said, throwing a pillow at me. I got up as fast as I could and barely got my shoes on as we walked out the portrait.

"Maeve is probably already at breakfast." George said as we made it to the great hall, we figured she was sitting at our table but when we got their we noticed Harry staring at the Puffs table, when I followed his gaze, I saw Mae. She also looked like she was missing sleep, her eyes looked bloodshot and her bags under her eyes were more noticeable than ever. Melvin and Fleet were on both sides of her, they looked like they were ready to attack on anyone who came close to her.

"I'll meet you at the table, I'm gonna go get Maeve." I told George as I rushed over to her. When I got to the table, they all looked exhausted, mostly Maeve and Julia.

"She did the same thing to you like she did to Harry? Didn't she?" I asked, I can tell that she was trying to put up a front that she was okay. She slowly took her hand out of her lap and put it on the table. It was wrapped in gauze, and there was blood seeping through. I saw Melvins jaw tighten, and Fleet looked away. Julia was just pushing her breakfast around, looking like she was barely there.

"Harrys wasn't this bad." I grabbed her hand softly.

"I had two more extra hours of it. Pomfrey said it'll take longer to heal. It'll scar." Her voice was hoarse. She was looking me in the eyes, she looked so tired.

"You want to come sit with me and Georgie?" I asked, sending her a smile. I saw her lips begin to curl, it was an almost smile.

"Yeah." Melvin got up first to help her up. I knew something was up, I know that Melvin and Fleet were her friends but they were acting very protective of her today. What do they know that I don't. What happened last night.

"Hi Maeve." Harry said as we sat down. I made her a plate and put some extra toast on it because I know she loves it.

"Good morning Harry! How's your hand?" She smiled, why is she acting like nothing is wrong. She had the same detention as him.

"Just sore, what about yourself? Long night?" He asked, she seemed hesitant. I was looking down at her lap where she had placed her hand between her thighs clearly trying to hide her bandage. I looked up at George who was looking at her, he too seemed confused on how she was acting.