Not So Happy Reunion

There he stood

There he stood.

There stood the man that he idolized for so long.

There stood Tony Stark. 

Daniel felt like throwing up right then and there. He was not sure if it was because of everything he had consumes earlier, or because there stood his brother that he has not seen in years. It is probably the latter, maybe a mix of both. The man was frozen, staring at his brother before him. So many thoughts ran through his mind, thoughts that relate to escaping. He will have to run. He could not face him right now.

Daniel stood there for a second before making a run for it. He turned around and began to make his way to the back door. Everything was moving fast. His heart was pounding against his ribs, the adrenaline coursing through his veins at the sudden change of events. He pushed himself out the door to be met with an alleyway. He almost crashed into the wall, and he simply placed his hands before him and pushed himself to any direction.

Tony expected something like that to happen. Sure, he would have loved if his brother gave him a hug, or something along those lines, but he remembers how his brother is. Confrontation is not one of his strong suits. So, Tony stepped into the flat and began to chase after him. 

Daniel had left the building through the back, but he knows that Tony is chasing him. Each step he took felt heavy, his arms swinging next to him. Daniel threw some trash bins to the ground, trying to make this pursuit as difficult as he can. He is just trying to remember all the different paths he had seen on the map. In times like these, Daniel wished he was more in shape to handle some running. Breathing was becoming difficult. His lungs felt like they were on fire, burning from the lack of oxygen. He breathed heavily. However, given his stubborn nature he was not going to give up. Daniel pushed himself to run faster. In order to stop breathing from his mouth, he clenched his jaw. Tony kept calling out his name, trying to make the younger Stark stop running. Turning back, to see how far his brother was from him, he could see a small figure that was Tony Stark. Daniel could not help but smile in victory. He is so close to escaping. He just needs to find a crowd, blend in and change clothing. It should not be that hard.  He felt the walls around him close in, alleys are not favorable. He just needs to find a crowd.

He turned his head forwards to be met with a fist. He could imagine the sound of a disc scratch. Taken back by the action, he fell on his back. At the impact, he huffed. Daniel blinked, trying to grasp what just happened. There was a warm liquid running down his nose, and it did not take him long to realize that it was blood. Placing his palms on the ground, he began to push himself up before someone placed their foot on his chest - pushing him back down. A groan escaped the injured man and dropped his head back to see the same redhead from earlier. 

"Stand down" she ordered before pressing her finger onto her earpiece. "I got him"

"Stand down? As long as you are on top of me" Daniel slurred slightly with a grin.