Rose Retaliates

After repairing his relationship with the four adults, ever so slightly, but progress, nontheless, the household became much warmer for Harry.

He was always included in conversations, and Lily and James did their best to treat him as best as they could.

Contrary to their beliefs, that wasn't what Harry wanted. He didn't want to be pampered like Rose; he just wanted to make memories with them.

In his past life, he had been alone. So alone that he could barely ever feel such warmth.

Even Ron and Hermione, his two best friends, had only been there for his money. He had been betrayed by many, and any he trusted, met their demise shortly after.

Even Ginny, sweet sweet Ginny had dozed him with love potion after love potion. The cute child had grown up into a greedy womam, who only cared for her appearance and wealth, and Harry had known, and done nothing.

Because even if they cared only for his money, at least that meant one aspect of him had been likeable.

He had always had low self-esteem, with all the abuse and neglect he'd gone through.

Even then, he had been shy and quiet, he had allowed himself to be manipulated, but he had never, ever been stupid.

His mind was one the brightest there was, and with the power of intelligence, he had done what he could best: think.

He had always suspected it to be Dumbledore's ploys on molding him, and he had been right.

Even so, he hadn't retaliated: he wanted to see the end of such a well-thought scheme.

In his last life, he had been the perfect hero the wretched Headmaster had wanted him to be.

In his past life, he had learned of their ploy before he had even been informed of his Hogwarts House.

In his past life, he had acted all his life. Because if any of them knew the true him, they wouldn't let him live.

The Saviour of the Magical World could not be a Dark wizard after all.

The Boy-Who-Lived could not be a Slytherin after all.

The Chosen One could not be a murderer after all.

So he had buried his true self deep inside, only faring to raise it slightly to crack his mask few times.

Only a handful had seen it, and even before the attack on Magicals had started, every single one of them had already been dead.

In his past life, he had been a killer, an assassin.

Nobody had noticed the disappearance of a few insignificant beings.

Nobody had even thought that they had met their ends.

And nobody had most certainly thought that it was Harry Potter who had done the deed.

For he could be very discreet if he wanted to, a fact unknown by Dumbledore.

He should thank the old goat in fact, for if he hadn't been sent to his wicked relatives, he probably never would have considered that he had such potential to lurk in the shadows, to stalk, to gather intelligence, and to end lives with a swift flick of his wrist.

If it wasn't for Dumbledore, the Dark side probably would have won.

Without the loss of all their henchmen, it had been quite easy to end them, after all.

And lastly, if it weren't for Dumbledore, He wouldn't have learned how to survive. To steal, to run, to fight, to manipulate, to kill...

It was all thanks to Dumbledore that Harry had become who he was today.

And he couldn't wait to cut his head of for a gesture of gratitude.

Manipulative old bastard.

He was cut off from his musings by a harsh shove that would have sent him stumbling down the stairs he was standing by if it weren't for his monstrous reflexes. He rolled to the side and got up swiftly, swirling around in a battle stance.

He immediately dropped his fists when he saw his little minx of a sister in front of him. He straightened his back, and glared harshly.

"What do you need, Rosaline?"

The girl just scoffed at him.

"Just because you tricked Mummy,Daddy, Paddy and Moony doesn't mean you can trick me. I know that you are a Dark Magic user! You must have used some on them so they turned against me! I'll tell the Aurors all about it if you don't cancel it!" Harry looked at the idiot like she'd grown a second head.

"I see... I knew you were stupid, but not this much. You should seek council from a psychiatrist, maybe they'd be able to help cure that bean of a brain you can barely contain."

He then turned around, and walked away, leaving a gaping Rose behind.

As soon as he was out of sight, he stiffened, then started chuckling. He muffled it with his hand, and hurriedly walked inside the library, locking it behind him. Once he cast a few privacy wards, he collapsed to the ground, laughing so hard his stomach hurt.

"Her face! Pfft- hahaha!" He snorted as he remembered the stunned look, and started laughing even harder.

After ten minutes or so, his laughter finally stopped. He sniffled as he rubbed his eyes, finally feeling satisfied after all the years of his twin's torment.

He felt refreshed. A kind that didn't come from taking a bath, but an internal one. He had been tolerating those insults for so long, it had started to take a toll on him. Now, he was finally light again, and he felt so energetic that he could fly without a broom.

Harry paused. Wait. He could already do that.

His face took a thoughtful expression.

But should he?

A while later, his face brightened.

He hadn't played a prank since he had been reborn, had he?

A few room away, Rose shivered out of nowhere.

Harry grinned.

This was going to be the return of the Phantom Prankster of Hogwarts.

All occupants of the house felt the chills.

Something very bad would happen today.

As I'd reading their thoughts, the boy's grin turned feral.

Well, he'd make a nice debut then.

How fun.