-20-

Short Chapter, but enjoy

ZAHRIAH CRUZ

"It's officer Cruz, I need back up right now, 3270 Wellington!"

I hung up immediately and shoved the phone into my back pocket while bracing myself. I pushed open the shed door, grabbing a shovel to take with me and crouched as low to the ground as I possibly could until I was right at the side of the house. From the opened window I could hear the mumblings of someone still talking, although the shooting had seized.

I continued along the side of the house and noticed the familiar moving truck that had driven right through the gate, the large dent along with the smoke that escaped from the hood of the truck caused a cloud to now fill the air. I kept as close to the wall as I possibly could, it seemed as if there were two others in the truck however the closer, I looked was the more I realized they were the movers that had been in my apartment. The two of them sat there with widened eyes and within the minutes I sat there observing, they hadn't moved a single inch. "They're dead." I whispered to myself, quickly looking away as my stomach began to churn.

I pulled myself together as quickly as I could, getting back in the zone. At the sound of movement within the room of the opened window, I hurried around to the front. I knew she was looking out the window and for me, at that.

I waited for the window to slam shut before I crawled back over to the side. It was only a matter of time before she would come out here in an attempt to find me and as much as I knew it was safer in the shed, I couldn't sit here and watch thing continue. Help was on the way, but until then; I had to make do. To serve and protect was my vow whether on duty or not.

Suddenly, I heard the front door open and I knew it was my time. I counted the steps she took off the porch in my head and once it got down to the 6th; I pounced up and allowed the shovel I had in my hand to connect to the back of her head.

"AGH!" she let out, falling to the ground and cupping the back of her head. The hand gun she was holding flew out of her hand and onto the grass next to her. I watched as she struggled to reach it due to the impact of the hit, she could barely even get her body up.

I ran over and quickly kicked her gun to the side, then proceeded to step down on her back; keeping her on the floor. "You're a sick individual." I muttered through gritted teeth as she tried her best to get up. With her still being winded, it really made no sense but she tried anyways. "But not to worry, there are worse people where you're about to be."

"He's dead anyways." She said into the ground.

I could feel my heart shatter to pieces and more than anything, I wanted nothing more than to run inside and see for myself. However, with the sound of the sirens in the distance I knew they had a while to get over to me. They were too far for me to risk letting up on holding her down, on the other hand; I worried that maybe I was wasting time out here and could've been saving him in the meantime.

My mind raced while I went back and forth with listening for the sirens and reasoning with the idea of going back inside. Once they sound had seemed to grow much closer, I slightly lifted my leg and felt Anaya roll onto her back and grab a hold of my ankle, twisting it and forcing me to the ground. I groaned out loud from the impact along with the stinging feeling in my foot; the pain began to shoot up my leg immediately and as much as I wanted to cry, I knew better than to allow her to see me weak.

All the reversal techniques I learnt during my training came back to me as she tried her best to stand up. Instead, I kept her down and we wrestled on the ground, inching closer towards that gun. I reached up to punch Anaya dead in her jaw once I saw her eyes connect with it, but unlike most this bitch was ready to fight back; punching me directly in mine. I felt the skin on the side of my face tear and came to realize that her fingers were covered in rings.