ZHS (Zoom Part 2)

AmandaPanda82 (comment on Zoom)

I loved this!! Can you PLEASEEEE make a part 2 in which 1) the students ask where Spider-Man is and it gets crazy or whatever from there? Or 2) one of the Avengers doesn't realize he's on a call and mentions something about Peter's Spider-Man duties in front of the class and then it goes from there? I would love to see what u do with this idea! 😀 sending love 💕

Peter scrolled through social media mindlessly as his computer connected to the Zoom audio for his first class of the day.

He consciously ignored all of the notifications in his messages and every form of social media he'd ever downloaded. It had been insane since yesterday when the whole school learned that he was quarantined with the Avengers in Stark Tower.

Honestly, he was more worried about May finding out what a disruption this all had been than anything else. She valued his education and always told him that if his internship or superhero duties got in the way, he would have to quit them. It wasn't a very serious threat, at least for the internship. Peter knew that she saw how happy he was to creatively release some of his genius under the guidance of Tony Stark, and that she appreciated all the opportunities it would open for him.

But that and making a scene in two different classes were very different things. At least the team was able to steer it back onto a somewhat educational path with their expertise in certain fields.

The PowerPoint presentation on plant phylogenies filled his screen as he joined his class. The teacher had just started calling on people to make sure that everyone was present.

She split them into breakout rooms to discuss the homework they'd been assigned the previous night. One kid in Peter's group quickly read the answers, and no one disagreed, or at least no one indicated that they did.

It would usually be silent at this point, the kids just staring at each other, tired and bored, but one of them, someone Peter had maybe spoken with once or twice before, spoke up.

"So are there other heroes in Stark Tower too?"

"Other heroes?" Peter repeated.

"Like Scarlett Witch. Or the one that's a black cat. There's also that one guy who got really big in California and the man who could do magic or something."

"Yeah," another kid chimed in, "And what about Spiderman? He's actually in New York AND he works with the Avengers sometimes. Does Tony Stark have him somewhere in there?"

The first guy gasped. "Do you know Spiderman's secret identity Peter?"

Flash unmuted himself at this point. "Of course Peter doesn't know Spiderman is. I'll admit that I was wrong about the internship existing at all, but do you guys really think that Tony Stark would let a high school student know classified information about secret identities and hero secrets and such?" He rolled his eyes. "I'm sure Peter just does data entry and gets his morning coffee or something."

Peter just bit his lip. He didn't want to feed the fire, and no matter what he said, he would just stir up more questions or a fight with Flash. It was a lose-lose situation at this point.

"I've met Spiderman before!" Flash proudly announced, trying to get some attention. It was clear that Peter's newfound popularity had been killing him. "We're friends."

"Do you know his secret identity then?" Someone asked skeptically.

"Well, I don't know his identity because he needs to keep it a secret for security reasons. Nobody knows his identity."

Peter had secretly screen recorded Flash talking about Spiderman and sent it to Ned.

"Lol. Flash always said I was 'nobody' so he's partially true."