Chapter 24: Camerons backstory

(This is just so you can see how she grew up with the Gilbert's. It isnt pretty at all, but I feel its important to adress. This is a darker chapter)

No ones POV

Alice Summers screamed in agony as she unexpectedly went into labor. She was with her neighbor Shelia Bennett.

"A few more pushes!" Shelia told alice.

"Ahhh!" Alice screamed louder.

When the baby was finally out of her she expected to hear the child's cries, but heard nothing.

"Why isnt she crying!" Alice cried.

"I'm so sorry, alice," shelia told the young girl.

"No. She cant be dead!" Alice cried harder.

What alice didnt know was her baby was very much alive, and shelia knew.

"What would have been the girls name?" Shelia asked her.

"Cameron Ace," the broken girl sobbed.

Shelia let the girl stay and promised to take care of the child. That night, however, she took the child to Gilbert's residents.

"What do you want?" Greyson gilbert demanded.

"I know you already took in a child this year, but I need you to do it again," shelia told the man.

"Me and my wife cant," he insisted.

"Please. I cant take care of her and her mother doesnt want her," shelia begged.

"I'll never love her. Neither will my wife," grayson warned.

"You dont have to love her. Just raise her," shelia said.

Grayson finally accepted the small child. His wife was just as upset as he was. They didn't want to have to raise another child that wasnt their own.

Time skip - 7 years later

"Mom, dad. Why cant I have a birthday party like elena and Jeremy?" Seven year old cameron asked her parents.

"You dont even have anyone to invite," miranda snapped at the girl.

"I could invite caroline. We could eat cupcakes and watch movies!" The young girl exclaimed.

"Stop it Cameron! You're always a burden to us," her father said.

"Burden?" She asked hurt.

"Your right. You arent a burden to me. Your nothing," he said bluntly.

"Happy birthday, " her mother told her before leaving the room after her husband.

"You otay?" Her five year old brother asked coming in.

"I'm fine," Cameron said holding in tears.

"I have some tookies in my room we could eat," he offered.

"Okay," the girl smiled at her younger brother.

The two spent the night in his room eating cookies and talking. As much fun as it was, what her father told her plagued her brain. Was she really nothing to her parents. If she were nothing to them, would she ever be anything to anyone else?

Time skip - her thirteenth birthday

"Mom. Why dont you love me?" Cameron asked her quietly.

She showered jeremy and elena with gifts, but with that didnt happen with her. The Gilbert's always expressed their pride in her siblings, but never with Cameron.