you're sick

The brush of Sana's cool fingertips along your forehead caused you to let out a soft sigh and open your eyes. You saw the look of worry in her deep brown ones when your tired eyes met hers. She was frowning, probably because your fever was only going up and not down, despite the medicine she's given you in an attempt to bring it down.

"Hey, darling." She whispered softly as she combed her fingers through your hair. Tugging her lip between her teeth and gnawing at when she realized you had a few beads of sweat lingering on your skin. "Are you too warm? I can open the window."

You shook your head with a groan. "No. I'll get cold." You mumbled in response and squeezed your eyes shut when you felt the tickle in your throat return. You coughed into your elbow and Sana rubbed your shoulder comfortingly when she heard the wheeze in your lungs as your breathing became heavy.

You fell back and shivered. Sana pulled the sheet further up your body, tucking you in securely to keep you warm and toasty.

"Are you hungry? I can make you some soup if you are."

You shrugged a little and closed your eyes, falling asleep with a couple more coughs into your elbow.

Sana let out a sigh. Her heart was sinking in her chest upon seeing you so miserable. She just wanted to make you feel better.

So, she gently smoothed your hair back and kissed your forehead. When you stirred, she whispered softly in your ear, "I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm gonna go grab you a couple of things from the store to make you feel better."

You just nodded weakly and fell back asleep. Sana wasn't all that worried about leaving you for only a few minutes because she knew you'd probably sleep the whole time anyway. But she did leave you a little note, just in case you were too out of it to really realize that she'd left and woke up worried.

She was back in no time though, and with a bag full of things she hoped would make you feel better. More medicine, some cough drops, and some more tissues; just in case. She also grabbed you some a bottle of cold water, knowing that you always appreciate that because of how sore your throat feels.

She crept up the stairs and just as she thought you would be, you were still out like a light.

The sun suddenly moved from behind the clouds and lit up the room, so she quickly pulled the curtains shut and let the room become dark. You stirred and rolled over, causing the sheet you were covered up in fall off of your leg. Sana didn't want you to become cold again, so she quickly covered you back up.

She put the medicine and drops on the table by your bed. She kissed your forehead and made her way down the stairs to make you some soup, hoping that you'd eat it.

"Y/N," She whispered a few moments later as she walked into the bedroom. She sat beside you on the edge of the bed and rubbed your shoulder comfortingly until you opened your eyes.

"Made you some soup." She smiled, but you shook your head.

"I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten anything all day. The last time you ate was last night. C'mon, baby. Please eat some of this and drink some of the broth. It's gonna soothe your throat and help you to feel much better." She pleaded and you nodded, caving in but all in hopes that she was right and that it would make you feel better.

"Can you feed me though. I feel a little weak,"

"Say no more, honey." She smiled. "Of course I can. Here, eat up."

She fed you spoonfuls of the soup and even more importantly, spoonfuls of the broth. Just like she thought, it did help you feel better. It felt good against your throat.

You pushed it away moments later, wordlessly telling her that you'd had enough.

She put the bowl on the table and leaned in to leave a lingering kiss to your forehead.

"You ate well. Thank you."

"Thank you for making it and for taking such great care of me." You whispered and tried hard to keep your heavy eyes open.

"Of course. I'm gonna take such great care of you until you feel better again. Now, is there anything else you need before I let you go back to sleep?"

You nodded slowly. "I want you to hold me."

She felt butterflies in her chest and happily climbed into bed beside you. She didn't complain at all when you rolled into her arms and rested your head on her shoulder. She embraced you with open arms and brushed her hand along your back.

"I hope you feel much better soon, Y/N. I hate seeing you so unwell."

You cracked a tiny smile before you started to drift off to sleep, but not before you said,

"It won't be long, I'm sure. Because I've got you here taking care of me."