𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑋𝐼

𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂𝙸𝙴𝚂 𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙰𝙻𝙻𝚈 𝙰𝚃 𝙿𝙴𝙰𝙲𝙴

(Y/N) stretched her arms out to the sky. It was the next morning. (Y/N) yawned and sat up. Louis was already up, leaning against the railing, staring out at the streets of the kingdom.

   "You're up early," (Y/N) said as she walked up next to him. "Everythin' okay?"

   Louis took a deep breath. "Yeah," he said. "Everythin's great."

   The two best friends stood in silence, looking out at the calm streets of Neserdnia as the sun slowly rose.

   "We best get goin'"  Louis finally said. "Else the others'll beat us to the streets." Louis started to walk to the ladder, but stopped in his tracks and looked back at (Y/N). "By the way, I thinks someone left something for ya. Over there." He pointed to the corner of the roof, and left.

   (Y/N) curiously walked over to the corner of the roof, where a small package was sat next to some tomatoes growing. On it, a name tag read '(Y/N)'.

   (Y/N) picked up the box. She slowly untied the red ribbon that held it shut.

   (Y/N) reached inside. She pulled out a book titled 'Sewing 101'. A small smile appeared on her face. She peered back into the box. Folded comfortably sat some beautiful fabric, a packet of needles, and some thread. (Y/N) couldn't believe it. She felt like crying.

   "(Y/N)! Hurry up!" Jamie called from the ladder.

   "Comin'!" (Y/N) called back. She put the book back in the box and placed the box next to her makeshift bed (which was just an old mattress she found and a stack of unsold newspapers as a pillow).

   She climbed down the ladder and they set off.

   The five friends walked down the streets of Neserdnia to the factory. But this time, they were walking slower than usual. They were calmer today, and so was their singing.

   "Try Bottle Alley or the harbor," (Y/N) gently sang.

   "Try Central Park it's guaranteed," the twins added.

   "Try any banker, bum, or barber," Louis sang.

   "They almost all knows how to read~" young Benjamin sang.

   "Summer stinks and winter's waiting," they all sang. "Welcome to our World
Boy, ain't nature fascinating
When yous got a war~~
"

   "'Cause it's a mighty fine life," (Y/N) sang in a gentle tone, "carryin' the banner with you all~"

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚍 ♡︎

•395 words•