7. | Puppy Love

I was on my way to the pet cafe that Yiren had sent directions to, because after all I agreed to attend her birthday party last week. We could even have a double celebration, because as far as I remember, many of us retained our A grade after re evaluations and Yiren managed to climb all the way to A as well, which was no surprise to be honest considering her talent in dancing.
———————————

Ducky🐤🐤

Y/N/N, you reaching soon?

5 minutes.

Alright, be quick. Yiren's hyperventilating because she thinks you won't come.

———————————

I chuckled after reading Yena's message, knowing that Yiren was always a shy girl. While trying to befriend me, she had multiple panic attacks even though I basically already accepted her as a friend. She's been more comfortable with me since then, but that's why she doesn't have any other male idol friends, she says she's contented with just 1, but I beg to differ.

While walking with , some fans still managed to see through my disguise, causing me to run late because of the fans that wouldn't stop pestering me. By now, I should have reached the cafe 5 minutes ago, and Yiren's probably close to hyperventilating, so I doubled up my pace and finally reached the cafe, to see Sihyeon, Yena and the rest of Everglow waiting for me angrily.

I opened the door, greeted by puppies but that was the least of my worries, for the girls looked like they were about to kill me.

"She's crying, she's chanting ' Y/N hates me', you better do something!" Mia said, before I rushed into the storeroom of the cafe.

"Yiren..." I looked at her, bawling her eyes out on her special day, I felt really terrible and guilty but in my defense, it wasn't even my fault.

"W-why are you so late? I thought you're not coming.." Yiren said between sobs, which only made my heart ache more.

"Sasaengs, they stopped me from coming on time. I'm sorry birthday girl, let's get you washed up and ready for your special day!" I pulled her up, and dragged her to the washroom.

Yena flicked my head hard and I could only keep silent, knowing I deserved it. "It's not your fault oppa, sasaengs are unstoppable, I heard from Yuri that KISS members are having some trouble themselves from them.." Yena mentioned, which led me to curiosity on how Yuri knew about this. I bet she was hiding somewhere, wait. Did she see the members kissing me? Shit.

"W-what else did she say?" I asked, afraid that Yuri spilled the beans on the kiss attack. Luckily Yena shrugged it off and claimed that Yuri said nothing more, which let me heave a huge sigh of relief. " You seem relieved, what else happened?" Eagle-eyed Yena asked, poking my shoulder simultaneously, but I immediately changed the topic, which gladly worked because it was something Yena was looking forward to for a long time.

"Uhm Yena-ah, how about the collab I promised you for your birthday? Want to work on it soon, your birthday is nearing!" I smoothly said, which Yena enthusiastically replied with very sparkly eyes, before rambling on about how excited she was, unknown to her that Yiren was standing behind her, puffy eyes covered by make up already.

"Yena, a little carried away huh?" Onda shook her back to reality, to which she immediately shut up, blushing as she knew everyone was watching her blabber away on how she was super excited for the collab with me.

"You're collaborating with her and didn't ask me? I'm hurt!" Yiren jokingly said, but I knew there was some truth in her words and therefore I promised her that I would help compose a song for Everglow in the future.

The party got carried out with us deciding to cut the birthday cake first, to which I had to get it from the cashier at the counter. "Hello? May I get the cake reserved for Yiren?" I asked. "Y/N?" The girl with a mask covering her features, whispered softly to me. "Who are you?" I asked once again, but she declined to answer, and simply brought out the cake.

It was when she bent down to collect the cake that I noticed her pink hair plopping out of her cap. There was only one person in mind.

"Ryujin? I know it's you." She looked at me, pulling her mask down, unveiling that it was her. "Yea, and? You've rejected me anyways, there's no point for me to continue living my dream that won't come true anyways."

"Don't be like that.. we can still be friends! You can't avoid me at school everyday, it's not going to do anything."

"It helps me get over you."

"Y/N HURRY UP!" Yena called, and Ryujin handed me the cake before shooing me away. My mind was filled with thoughts but I couldn't let that affect Yiren and her birthday party, therefore I set my mind on celebrating her day for now.

After the cake came the games, and being the mischievous and naughty duck, Yena wanted to play truth or dare, to which I firmly rejected and I read enough fanfics to know where it would lead to. However, Yena did not give up, and managed to persuade me with her cute acts.

We sat on the floor in a circle, with puppies engulfing us as we played the dreadful game.

"Yena, truth or dare!" Aisha asked

"Truth!" She replied, earning boos from everyone due to her being a pussy.

"Do you have a crush?" E:U asked, earning attentive listening ears from the rest.

"Y-Y—Yes.." She replied, and the whole place erupted in cheering and screaming, while I was happy that the duck had found her cup of tea.

Everyone was inquiring her and bombarding her with questions, and she was looking at me signalling for help. Being a good friend, I left her there to deal with the reporter-like girls.

I went to the cashier, intending to talk to Ryujin more and pay for the cake at the same time, however she disappeared. "Aish I knew it, she's running again.."

"If only you knew why I rejected you.."
——————————————-