XXV.

I'd advise listening to the At Last cover by Kina Grannis during the wedding ceremony/vows, and Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers during the first dance :)

"Okay, how do I look?"

"Sugar, you look beautiful."

A wide smile crosses your face as you look at grinning faces of Emily and Penelope. Your hands grip the tulle of your wedding dress as you turn around, admiring yourself in the mirror. Your dress is beautiful—off the shoulder, little bits of tulle wrapping around your upper arms connecting it to the fabric by your collarbone. The midsection consists of a corset, slightly cinched at the waist, lace and sheer fabric covering it. The dress flows out at the midsection, tulle and lace flowing around your legs like a ballgown. Your hair is simple—strands taken from the front of your face and pinned at the back of your head with bobby pins. The one-tier veil is secured with a few flower pins—purple, of course. You wear a simple pair of white heels, not trying to overdo it. Your makeup is light, just some mascara, simple eyeshadow, light blush, highlight, and a light pink lipstick.

Today's the day.

You're getting married to Spencer Reid.

You turn back around, inhaling deeply. "I need you guys to know—"

"Please don't do any sad speeches; I will cry on the spot," Penelope says, her eyes already beginning to water.

You giggle, walking over to your two bridesmaids. "I need you guys to know that you guys have been my saviors since the engagement. The past few months would've been so hectic without you. So, thank you for helping me plan the perfect wedding. I love you guys."

Penelope sniffles, dabbing her finger under her eyes. "Damn it, Y/n, I told you to not do that."

"I, for one, think that was very nice. I love you, too." Emily pulls you in for a hug.

When she releases you, Penelope engulfs you in a hug, squeezing you tightly. "I love you, you beautiful human."

You laugh, hugging her back. "Thanks, Pen."

Emily hands you and Penelope a glass of champagne, and she smiles, raising her glass. "To Y/n and Spencer!"

You cheer and clink your glass with theirs, taking a sip of the champagne. You inhale deeply again, walking over to the window to look out at the setup of your wedding. You and Spencer had chosen a little lodge outside of town to have your wedding at—an outside, fall themed wedding, of course. A round, wooden arch covered in different dark red, orange, and yellow flowers mixed with white baby's breath stood in front of a large tree. String lights cover the arch and tree, leading off the branches to illuminate the surrounding area.

The last few months have been crazy—made easier by Spencer, Emily, and Penelope. Actually, the whole team have been crazy supportive. You and Spencer had decided on a small wedding—just the team and his mom, who you met shortly after getting engaged. You aren't exactly close with your parents; you actually haven't spoken to them since you left California.