they'll have to know

"So how do you like our school so far?" Alma asks as she sits down next to Alisha.

"It's actually okay. I thought it'd be worse."

"Who's your favorite teacher?"

"I don't know... I guess Miss Jauregui is okay?"

Alma's stomach flips as she hears her name, and she smiles.

"Miss Jauregui's the best English teacher. She's so passionate, you have to love every lesson."

"Yeah, she seems like a sweetheart."

"If you want you can actually come over after school and I'll help you with like, what we're doing in classes we have together?"

"Yeah, sure, thanks!"

The rest of the day goes by faster than usual, and Alma guesses it's because she's not alone anymore.

She's used to being alone, she has been since last year when everyone turned their back on her, but she has to admit that school days are long and boring when she's forced to listen to her teachers instead of chatting with her friends.

But she has Alisha now, and they actually get along quite well which is surprising.

Right now they're both walking towards Alma's house, and as they enter the empty house they immediately go to her room.

"I really like your room." Alisha says, sitting on Alma's Queen sized bed.

"Thanks!"

"Can I look around?"

"Sure. I'll go get us a snack."

Alisha gets up as Alma leaves the room and she looks at the different pictures on the walls, mostly Alma with a blonde toddler and who seem to be her parents. She sits back down when she's done and Alma's quick to come back, so they settle down to get started on their work.

Once Alisha is focused on copying from Alma's notebook, the blonde girl takes her phone to check if she's got any notifications.

From: Lauren
To: Me
I miss you so bad
Can you come over tonight?

To: Lauren
From: Me
Sorry babe I can't, I'm with Alisha
I'll come extra early tomorrow though😘
Seen

Alma frowns, not really getting why she isn't getting an answer. This conversation could go on but apparently Lauren decided that it won't.
So Alma puts her phone on her bedside table and falls down on her bed.

Then, the front door opens and close.

"Aaaalmaa!" She hears a little voice downstairs, and Alisha looks up at her.

"You have little siblings??"

"Yeah I have a little sister. I'm going to go say hi, do you wanna come?"

"Yeah sure."

They both get up, and as Tamsin hears steps on the stairs, she runs towards Alma.

"Oh my God she's adorable." Alisha whispers as Alma picks Tamsin up, and her mom comes in.

"Hello!"

"Hi, I'm Alisha."

"She's new so I'm helping her catch up with what we're doing."

"Okay... Nice to meet you Alisha, I'm Sarah. I have to go to a meeting right about now, is it okay if Tamsin stays with you guys?"

"Yeah sure." Alma says, and her mom smiles as she takes her purse.

"Okay, well I'll see you guys tonight. David should be home by 6. Bye Tamsin!"

"Bye Bye!"

"Bye Alisha!" She says, and closes the door.

"Alright then let's go back upstairs."

Alisha gets back to finish what she was doing and Alma stops by Tamsin's room to pick up some toys and get them to her room so the toddler won't get bored.
When Alisha leaves, Alma takes her sister downstairs to play in the living room, and her step-dad eventually comes back, so Alma goes to her room.

She takes her phone, and stares at her and Lauren's conversation, until she gets the balls to tap on the "call" icon, getting impatient and nervous to hear Lauren's voice.

"Hello?" The older girl says and Alma smiles as her stomach flips.

"Hi. Are you busy?"

"No. Aren't you busy with Alisha?"

"She left. Do you wanna come over?"

"Don't you have... parents? And a little sister?"

"I'll open the back door for you, no one ever goes there. Come on, I miss you."

"That's really risky, Alma. I don't wanna risk your parents seeing me."

"They don't even know you're my teacher!"

"Yeah, for now! They'll have to know, eventually! I really can't. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Okay." Alma says, disappointed, and she hangs up.

"Sad Alma?" She hears a little voice pop up from her doorway.

"How did you get here? Come here!"

"Sad Alma? Sad?"

"I'm not sad." She picks Tamsin up so the little girl will be on her bed as she lays back down.

The toddler sits down, and she bends over to hug Alma's stomach. Alma puts her hand on her curly blonde hair in awe.

"Aww... Are you hugging me? What happened, you're not scared of the monster anymore?"

"No monster!" Alma giggles as she lifts her head up.

"Do I have to remind you that he eats little girls like you?"

Alma slowly gets ups to sit down and as the toddler giggles, she picks her up to put her on her lap, pretending to eat her neck, causing the little girl to laugh very loud and scream as she tries to squirm her way out of Alma's grip.