62 - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

The holidays were nowhere near as eventful as you'd hoped. Molly had caught you crying one afternoon and insisted you stayed with her and Arthur instead of going to move in with the boys. You knew better than to argue with Molly so you agreed which just meant the boys came to the burrow most evenings to come and see you. 

However, in the Muggle world, Voldemort had sent his Death-eaters to cause havoc around the whole of England. The war was starting and now Wizards and Witches were losing their lives and so are Muggles. 

Right now, you and the golden trio were sitting in the living room. Harry was trying to strike up a conversation with Hermione, who had her head buried in a book whereas you and Ron were playing wizards chess. Tomorrow was the day you were supposed to be visiting the twin's shop for the first time and it was also the day Molly said you could move in with them. She felt like you'd be mothered around by her enough and it was time to let Fred and George take over.

Despite you leaving Hogwarts, you were still going back. After Umbridge your mum, McGonagall, needed help with transfiguration classes which you'd happily do. Thankfully you were still able to go home by the Floo network every night to stay with Fred and George.

"Wonder who that Slughorn bloke is ..." Ron muttered as he made his move. When Harry arrived he told you that Dumbledore had collected a new teacher whilst he was with him.

"He's our new defence against the dark arts teacher." Harry replied.

"Guess again Harry." You smiled, taking Ron's knight. "He's the potions teacher."

"What?" He looked at you confused but a sudden realisation hit him. "If - if he's our new potions teacher then ..."

"Snape is your new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher." You couldn't help but give them all a smug grin at the news, knowing they'd now grow to hate those lessons.

"No!" Hermione spat looking up from her book. 

"Well, there's one good thing," Harry started to smile. "Snape'll be gone by the end of the year."

"What do you mean?" Ron asked. 

"That job's jinxed. No one's lasted more than a year ... Quirrell actually died doing it. Personally, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for another death ..."

"Harry!" Hermione yelled, clearly annoyed at his words whereas you and Ron just burst out laughing. The boys didn't like Snape and you could understand why. Snape was different towards students, when Snape was around you he could tolerate you. He'd show a small kinder side yet when he saw Harry or Ron well, that side vanished within an instant. 

Mrs Weasley now sent you all to bed, you were sleeping in Fred and George's room and to no ones suprise, you slept in Fred's bed. As you were walking into the twin's room you quickly remembered something. 

"Harry?" You called out to him as he went to walk into Ron's room. "Can you wait there for a second? I've got something for you." Harry nodded and waited on the landing for you. 

Oliver had made you the Quidditch Captain and now you had to pass it on. Ollie had trusted you with it and now you were going to pass it onto Harry. Out of everyone on the team he was the one who you'd trust the most and besides, he was the best player you had. 

You came out of the twin's room with a small red box. "Here." You handed it to Harry. He quickly accepted and opened the box. Inside the box lay the Captain's Quidditch badge for Gryffindor with a note which read: 

Harry, 

Oliver gave this to me and wanted me to lead Gryffindor into victory. I know you'll do the same for me. Make me proud Potter.