Arc-(9.11)

Chapter 124
True or False Mermaid (Arc 9.11)

Abby’s expression was as if he was a real pureblooded mermaid and thus was completely unafraid of seeing the mermaid king. Seeing him so confident, the king and Corey felt much steadier and also extremely happy, as if Reibar had already been disqualified from inheriting the throne.

In order to contact the mermaid king, the king on land must use a round stone plate. The red gemstone in the middle of the stone plate must be activated using the power from the mermaid king. As long as the king drips some blood onto the gem, the mermaid king would be able to sense it, and then he could apply magic power from his side to allow a projection to appear above the stone plate and talk to the king on land.

The king and Reibar, Abby and Corey, and several of the officials with highest position acting as witnesses entered the room where the stone plate was placed.

After entering the room, the king’s bodyguard walked down to the stone plate, but he immediately choked when he saw the gemstone in the middle of the plate.

The ruby that should have been blood-red was now dark and cracked.

“What’s going on here?!” The king stared in shock and yelled. “Guards!”

The guards outside the door ran in and saw the crack on the ruby. They looked at each other, but had no idea what was going on.

“Speak! What the hell is going on here?!” As soon as the king became agitated his breathing would become irregular. He covered his chest, questioning the guards.

“Your Majesty, we don’t know what’s going on, this, this…” The guard captain panicked and didn’t know how to explain. They really didn’t know why the gemstone was cracked.

“You are responsible for watching the door here, and you actually don’t know why the gem broke?!” The more the king spoke the darker his expression became. Not only because he missed a good opportunity to make Reibar directly give up the throne, but also because it took a considerable price to get such a good and complete ruby. This double hit nearly made the king faint directly.

Reibar glanced at Abby and smiled coldly. He said to the soldiers, “Who was the last person to come into the room before us?”

“Replying to Your Highness, the last people who came in were the prince and princess.” The guard captain replied.

The king also looked at Abby and Corey, waiting for their explanation.

“We did come in last time. I contacted the mermaid king and told him about the situation, and told him to tell my family that I was all right. When I left the room, the gem was clearly still fine.” Abby defended himself.

“Was the gem really intact when you left?” Reibar looked at Corey and asked.

“I…” Corey had no way to respond to Reibar, because to enter this room you had to go through two sets of doors. Abby had said that he wanted to contact the mermaid king so he had brought him, but he was waiting outside this last door. Only Abby was left alone inside, so when they left, he didn’t check if the gem was intact.

“Hmph.” Reibar looked at Corey and snorted coldly. “The answer is already very obvious, isn’t it? Whoever last showed up here is the one who made the gemstone crack.”

“Royal Uncle! It’s fine if you insulted me earlier, but now you’re going to slander me again?!” Abby had an expression of not being willing to be vilified, indignantly saying, “The gem contains the power of our mermaid king. Anyone who wants to destroy the gem will be subject to the rebound from the power, so even if I want to destroy the gem, I do not have the ability to destroy it!”