V3 Chapter 1 { Choices & Decisions }

In the middle of the night in Georgiana mansion, maids and servants all gathered and kept whispering but Silvana made them close their mouths with her glare.

The shouting from Caroline's room was loud. Silvana did want to step in but she realized her position as Caroline's maid only and decided to stay still in one place.

In Caroline's room, she was hurriedly packing. Alistair and Katherine were in a state of panic. To see their only daughter who is trying to leave home.

"Listen, Caroline! The magicians from the tower will find Reymour. You don't have to go!"

Alistair grabbed both of Caroline's shoulders and shook her. His trembling green eyes met hers.

"I know but that will going to be useless! You know that there is no way they would be able to find out where Rey is! He's my cousin and he's your nephew! He's our family!! So please!!"

Tears well up in her eyes as they slipped down to her white cheek. She can't ignore the fact that Reymour has been kidnapped by some magical dude.

"He's our family, so that's why stay calm!! He won't like it if you get hurt!!"

"But I can't!! I can't sit still, sip tea and chit-chat with noble ladies like nothing happens!"

"But you are Caroline Georgiana! The daughter of Duke Georgiana, the fiancee of crown prince who will rule this empire!! You're a noble lady, a future empress!!"

"I don't want this!! I don't to sit still and look pretty!! I'm not a doll for display! My family is in danger and you told me-!"

*Slap!!*

Caroline's head was tilted to side. Her left cheek was stinging in pain. From her life as Caroline Georgiana up until now, this is the first time that Katherine, her mother has ever lifted her delicate hand to slap Caroline.

"It's look like we have spoiled you too much...." Said Katherine in a very low voice.

Her voice was trembling with different various of emotions. She was sad that her daughter wanted to leave on a dangerous journey, she was angry that her daughter was reckless and only know how to argue back without thinking, and she was also happy to know that her daughter is a grown up who hold her special ones dear inside her heart and was very selfless when it comes to her special ones.

(K: Not gonna lie....I was about to cry while writing that part...)

But! She knew that even if she's happy that Caroline was all grown up, as a mother, she can't let her go on to a dangerous venture.

"As a mother, I have watched you grew up from an adorable child to a mature girl...as a mother, I have watched you fail and succeed. From 3 years ago, you don't know how proud I was when you found a way to save our family reputation and wealth. That's why!!! As a mother, I can't let you go on to something so dangerous and terrifying!!! I'm a worried!!! I won't be able to sleep!!! You are selfish and I am also selfish!!! You are worried, sleepless every night because of Rey!!! But I am also very worried, sleepless all night because of you too!!! So please!!! Don't go!!! Rey is your family but so we are!! We gave birth to you, raise you very hard!!! We are also your family!!"

"Don't go...I know I'm selfish...I'm horrible...but I have to be a horrible person for your happiness...your future...to protect your laugh, I must become a horrible person...even if you hate me...I will continue to be a villain...just for the sake of your happiness..."

Katherine was heartbroken to slap her precious child. She would kill a small animal would dare to disturb her daughter's peaceful sleep but now, she has raised her hand to slap her child.