FOREWORD

WELCOME TO:

THE SEA & HER SERPENTS

__________________

SUMMARY

Overnight, Layla Julian's days have become numbered. Though she's acknowledged as both Lady and temptress, the scrawling ink that's appeared at random threatens to steal the title she's earned by blood: the Serpent Whisperer.

It doesn't help that none who've received the mark of the Dead Man's Chase returned to tell the tale. But she's worked too hard for this life, built too great of an empire to have any intention of dying. The answer, then, is to do as she's always done--take what won't be given so easily, no matter the cost.

Something ominous brews in the mist that lingers over the Crystal Sea, and the people of Windermere whisper of it where the sea breeze cannot carry conversation. But she's never been the silent type, and she especially can't be when the tides deliver a new mission, a colorful crew, and a pirate that endangers the cruel exterior which has made her the finest captain the waves have ever seen.

The other thing no one else seems to understand?

She's certainly not their hero.

__________

__________

CONTENTS

this story contains...

✢ ambition, badass women, a disregard for feelings (including yours), cold hearts, a curse, greed, lust, wealth, weapons, swearing, drinking... well, everything a pirate would do and use.

✢ a BTS pirate au

villainous leads

Wait, what?

Yes, villainous leads. The main characters and some of our Bangtan men are villains or morally grey. Not everyone, don't worry. But if you're clutching onto your pearls, hang in there, honey. I've had this plot in my drafts since last year, but a craving for nefarious characters brought it to life. With this in mind, this warning lets you know what you're getting into. This might seem stern but it must be said:

A pirate isn't nice. They're defined as "a person who attacks and robs ships at sea." They don't fight by wishing on stars, they use their swords.

Check any holier-than-thou remarks here at the door. In simpler terms, if you feel compelled to remind us how morally superior you are to some fictional antiheroes (and purposefully cruel characters) ... unclench.

I mean it. Let it go. If it helps, imagine me patting your head and nodding as you prattle on about how genuinely good you are. You lovely angel, you. Thank you for your service.

Anyway, please trust that I'll write sensitive topics with diligence.

Time to get wicked!

__________

A FINAL WORD

A FINAL WORD

Dearest corsair,

Thank you for deciding to check out this book. As I love to say throughout some of my other works, it's an absolute pleasure writing for you. I do hope this story can find a space in your library, and even if it doesn't, I hope you're well. I'll say it again for good measure: thank you for giving me the time of day.

Some housekeeping announcements and disclaimers will follow, unless this is your first fanfic, I'm certain you've seen this before.

-The images/art throughout this story don't belong to me but to their rightful owners.

- You know that BTS aren't pirates and this story is entirely fictional. If they did endorse this kind of behavior, they'd be on their ship rather than sweeping award shows left and right.

- Reproducing this story (plagiarism, copyright infringement, stealing intellectual property, you name it) in any fashion will not be tolerated. This applies even if you change the names but remain true to the plot. Don't take what I've made when you can make something legions better. Trust me on this, you only have to believe in your abilities.

- Remember, this is a read with less consideration for sugarcoating and more for life on the other side of being the knight in shining armor. It's... Slytherin, if you will.

- Have a marvelous time on this ship.