The Villain's Monologue

The young woman slowly walked towards them, her eyes gleaming with excitement and amusement. Every step was calculated, every move she made had a purpose, presumably an evil one.

"Circe," Genevieve said icily.

"Hello, dear. It's been a long time, hasn't it?" Circe replied.

"Where is my daughter?" Klaus demanded. His voice shook with anger.

He took a step forward, his hands balled into fists, ready to launch himself on her.

"Tsk, tsk, Klaus. Always so rude, aren't you?" Circe laughed. "Have no fear, she's well looked after." 

"Give her back!" Hayley demanded, but Circe ignored her, instead, turning her attention back to Gen.

"I must say, I expected it to take you a little longer to find me. Considering that it's taken you a few centuries to get a whisper of my whereabouts, I figured it would take at least another hundred years before you actually found me. But apparently I misjudged you."

"There are a lot of things you misjudged," Gen growled.

"Indeed," Circe smirked. "In fact, I am a bit surprised to see you like this, considering how you were when I last saw you."

Gen paled, and a slight tremor went through her, unnoticed by most of them. Except for Damon.

"That's all in the past, Circe. I'm not that person, not now, not ever."

"Hmm...we'll see," Circe mused. She turned, and began walking towards the other end of the warehouse.

Everyone began to rush towards her, but only Gen was able to get to her, before the building began to collapse around them, blocking their path.

"She's cut us off," Elijah grunted.

"I'll try to find a way around," Elena said before rushing off.

"Gen!" Felix shouted. "Genevieve!"

"She'll be fine, Felix," Alaric reassured him.

"No. No she won't," Felix whispered.

                **********************************************************************

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for your continued support with this story! It means so much! I'm sorry my uploads have been so random, and taken so long, I've just been so busy! Wanted to let you all know now, to avoid confusion later, I've decided I want Gen to be with Damon. So, it's going to work out that Elena is still with Stefan, and Caroline is or will be with Klaus, so Damon and Gen can be together. I'm so excited for this!

Again, thank you all so much for your support! I hope you've been enjoying The Original so far!