Orders

Florence marched her way down the halls of the manor, mouth shut and eyes focused on her destination; the small door a few meters away that would lead her to the maids quarters and away from the frustrated boy following closely behind her.

"What was that Flo?" The question was directed at her, his tone accusing.

She ignored him and continued in the direction of her escape, her pace quickening slightly with every step.

"Hey! Flo, stop!" Blocking out his voice she took the last few steps towards the run down wooden door.

Reaching out with her right arm for the door-handle, she momentarily grasped it before she was violently pulled back by a firm hand wrapped around her slim wrist. She spun round, her balance wavering causing her to tilt into a fall, only to be steadied by his arms. Once her vision refocused, she realized that they were way too close. In any other situation, she would have enjoyed their proximity, but not after what he had done, it had changed things for her. His hands were wrapped tightly around her biceps, keeping her steady and upright, and her hands laid gently on his chest, feeling the rhythm of his uneasy breath. Stunned for a moment, Florence lost track of time, lifting her chin slowly, his confused and hurt eyes coming into view, and his grip on her arms tightening as their gazes met.

The faint clicking of shoes in the distance brought her out of her trance and back into the moment. She pushed against his chest, attempting to wriggle out of his hold. A valiant effort, but an unsuccessful one nonetheless. Despite this, she continued to twist and turn, trying to pry him off of her, or at least loosen his grip slightly.

"Stop it Flo" He said firmly, his voice demanding and his expression only confirming his serious manner. He shook her lightly as he spoke, her eyes darting back to his.

Her eyebrows creased from the slight pain in her arms where his fingers were beginning to dig in a little too harshly. She could feel her blood rushing, warming the area and bringing to life a muted pulse.

"You're hurting me..."

She had tried to speak with strength and authority, but what came out was more of a whimper, a soft and weak beg. She closed her eyes, disappointed in herself for not managing to keep up a strong front. Tewkesbury's gaze dropped from her pained face to where his hands rested on her arms. Her head turning to the side and away from him as his hands fell and met uncomfortably at his front. Taking a step back and fiddling with his now empty hands, he reached for her once more.

"Why- what happened?" Tewkesbury was baffled. Florence had changed and he couldn't understand why. The young girl refused to make eye contact, not being able to bear the weight of his hard and piercing stare, she looked at the floor, seeing her reflection on its shiny surface. Look at me, of course he doesn't like me like that. She got lost in the sight of her, nitpicking whatever flaw she could find and inflating it far beyond reason and reality. Shuffling backwards and towards the back door, she desperately wanted to leave; to get away from the boy who made her exhausted from just a measly thought. 'Out of sight, out of mind' they say.

"Flo wait- stop!" He tried once more but the girl didn't even stutter, her strides only widening. "I- I demand it" he hesitated, knowing it was wrong of him to use his position to take advantage of her and force her into obedience. At this, Florence turned to face him, her back resting against the door she had been longing to enter from the start of their encounter. She took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to speak, making sure that this time he wouldn't be able to break down her walls, and they would stand tall for as long as she needed them to. "My Lord, how may I be of service?" She plastered on a hollow smile, which barely reached her cheeks, let alone her eyes.