40: The Consequences of Chasing

At some point, the rain slowed down and the mechanic somehow made it to the given location in one piece. The ignition switch was replaced and fixed, although it took a while. By the time they were able to get home, it was already past three.

There was an undeniable tension rising between them which both of them refused to acknowledge but if one thing was clear it was that the entire night Nathan kept their hands intertwined in a tight grip. He was afraid of letting Royce go but every time he looked down at their joined hands, he was at ease.

They reached Royce's house first and if Royce was being honest, he was a tiny bit hesitant to leave Nathan's side. Despite that when he was about to exit the car, Nathan jerked him back right in.

"Hey." Nathan stared at him profoundly, lips tilting into a sincere smile and grabbing onto his hand yet again. He almost looked sad at the thought of parting with Royce. "Where's my goodnight kiss?"

Royce's eyebrows shot up at his sudden boldness. He smiled coyly, leaning into Nathan until his lips were right next to his ear. "Only boyfriends get a goodnight kiss." The tip of his fingers brushed against Nathan's neck in a slow, excruciating move. He peered up at him innocently. "What are you?"

Nathan grinned, lazily sneaking his arms around Royce's waist and nuzzling his face into his neck. "I can be your boyfriend too."

Royce loved how flirting with Nathan came so naturally to him. "I like that possibility."

"Go." Nathan moved back abruptly, resting his head on the wheels and hiding his face, mumbling. "I can't bear to see you leave."

How come Royce finds this so endearing? He couldn't help but pat the back of Nathan's head affectionately and even though it took everything in him to not cower away, he placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight, Nate."

Nathan turned his head, smiling a little dreamily. "Night, Ray."

Royce waved at him once he was at the doorstep of his house, shouting. "Text me when you get home safely."

Nathan blew him a flying kiss. "Will do."