Dillagi-10

Pehla Nasha, Pehla KhumarNaya pyaar hai naya intezaarKar loon main kya apna haalAye dil-e-bekaraarMere dil-e-bekaraar

Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar
Kar loon main kya apna haal
Aye dil-e-bekaraar
Mere dil-e-bekaraar

"Give me your hand", Maheen looked up through her goonghat at his stretched hand.

After getting seated he had adjusted back her ghoonghat on her repeated insistence. Although Mustafa had told her there was no need for that but she had protested. According to her the ritual of Arsi Mushaf was still to be done and If that didn't happen Mrs.Sikander was going to create a fuss. And yes who knew that better than Mustafa himself, his mother was great at creating a fuss.

"Begum shayad aj ke din hi hame andar jana hai", he snickered picking up her hand from her lap when she didn't react and she bit her tongue lightly. She was already embarrassed from her behaviour a while ago and he was leaving no chance in making her realise that. The emotional turmoil of leaving her parents had caused her to act irrationally, she had gave her heart this explanation.
(Wife I think we have to go inside today.)

He carefully made her get out from the car and closed the door behind.
Maheen glanced at the house infront of them. It was decorated with dozens of fairy lights.

"Wese hamare bachon ko sunane ke liye ek behtareen aur thrilling story tayar ki hai tumhe", she gasped as he pulled her towards him grabbing her hand.
"k..kia matlab?", she asked furrowing her brows, she wasn't able to see his expressions because of her ghoonghat.
She felt her heartbeat increase as his hand rested below her waist squeezing there lightly.

"Ab har dulhan to Makeup kharab hone pe nahi roti", he added chuckling and she looked up at him in shock. How did she think he was going to let go of a chance to taunt her.
(Well you've prepared a really great and thrilling story for our children.)
(What do you mean?)

'Aur har dulha apni dulhan ka mazak bhi nahi urata', she thought.
(And not every groom makes fun of his bride.)

"M..mai is liye nahi ro rahi thi!", she turned him down innocently.

"Acha?", he said seriously removing her ghoonghat and she lowered her lashes instantly.
(I wasn't crying because of that!)
(Really?)

"Phir churail lagne pe ro rahi thin?", he smirked touching her earring and her eyes widened on his remark.

"Nahi! I..is liye bhi nahi!", she pouted glancing at him and his eyes stopped on her painted red lips which invited him oh-so innocently.
(Then were you crying because you looked like a witch?)
(No! It's not like that.)

'Maheen! Ku btaya tha tune inko ab ese hi mazak urate rahen ge dekh layen tu', she thought huffing lightly causing Mustafa's breath to hitch for a second.