chapter nine

chapter nine, flower garden

6 months later,

THERE WAS MANY DAYS where Emilia had thought of the detective from London, many times she had picked up a newspaper and had seen him on the front cover, along with stories of him solving crimes and pictures of him against many different monuments, he had grown to be quite the popular man of course and was admired by many.

She was ashamed to say she had dreamed of the man she had only talked to for about three days, but he was rather different than any man she had ever met, she guessed it was probably because of him being a detective and not one of the men her uncle had thrown her towards who was all focused on politics.

All she wanted was to meet him once again just for a few minutes even, but she feared she would grow even more attached to him than she already was. When she had first came home from London she had realised she was the only one their along with Enola Holmes and her brother, her family had been on their way to London but were turning around as soon as they got the telegram.

Her brother and herself had a sentimental reunion, him telling her all that he had seen and all that he wanted to do now. Even though it was rather odd to say, she thought what happened was a rather good thing, her brother seeming to be much happier than she initially thought he had been and her meeting of one Sherlock Holmes.

Never mind the endless teasing she had given towards her brother about the faint blush he held when he saw Enola.

It was a bright day as Emilia made her way towards Glastonbury hall where Jane Glastonbury was holding a party, it was to be set outside and everyone had been told to wear pastel, soft colours or else Jane would go on a warpath, she thought that ought to have sent the message out.

She was rather excited for the day out as she had been staying at the estate for far too long in her opinion. It was quite the journey to Glastonbury, otherwise Emilia would be visiting every few weeks, a two hour trail.

She had finally made it to the large Glastonbury estate that was passed down to Alexander Glastonbury, (Jane's husband). Emilia had always admired the Estate when she did visit. It looked almost like a fairy tale castle with its flowers and vines surrounding it, perfection Emilia thought.

As soon as she left her carriage she was shown through the house and to the large gardens in the back by a maid with a kind smile. There were open white tents filtering the garden, a large lake could be seen with small wooden boats being paddled around it, kids ran freely around in cute dresses and suits.

Seeing a tall girl in the middle of a tent wearing the cutest light green dress with a green flower crown on her head waving over to her, she made her way down through the gardens passing through the flowers that matched the dresses of every girl there.

Jane opened her arms as soon as she was in range with Emilia, moving towards her friend and hugging her tightly. "Oh Emilia, you look incredible!" She replied, looking at Emilia's dress before leaning away and grabbing a pink flower crown that somehow matched perfectly and placing it on her friends head.

"No you are the one who looks amazing." Emilia giggled, turning the girl around with a spin as she held their hands together above their heads. "You need to give me the details of your seamstress before I leave." She said as Jane led her towards a couch that looked like it had been moved outside.

"Now, fill me in on everything." Jane said, still holding her friends hands in hers, "Madam Pince told me about the courtship between you and a certain detective." She giggled, her smile bright.

"Oh lord no." Emilia cringed, a small smile forming on her lips at the words. "We were never courting, It was Detective Holmes. I was looking for my brother and it was somehow connected to a case he had already been working on."

"Oh really?" Jane teased, an amused expression on her face.

"Yes! Why do you not believe me?" She asked, laughing as she looked at them.

"Oh I don't know, maybe that adorable blush on your face." Jane laughed, her now teasing tone even more. The comment made Emilia blush even more at the thought of it. "Oh you are just the cutest!" Jane exclaimed, gushing at the growing pink hue on her face.

"Nothing at all happened though." Emilia quickly explained, "It wasn't anything, at all."

Jane gave her an unconvinced look before the two got interrupted by Dorian Grey along with another man, "Well, well, well. If it isn't miss Lady Emilia." Dorian's voice spoke, his smile bright looking down to the girl who now stood up to hug him.

"And if it isn't Mr Dorian Fez." She laughed back, leaning away from the hug before realising the other man there.

"Oh, this is Lord Evan Faucett, Evan this is Lady Emilia Tewksbury." Dorian then introduced, "Evan and I are staying with Jane here before heading to London this weekend."

"Oh my yes!" Jane said, jumping up from her seat, "Emilia you absolutely have to come with us!"

"Oh I-" She replied, "Maybe, I'll get back onto it to you for sure though."

"Oh, it'll be so much fun, I can barely wait!" Jane said, her excitement for the week ahead growing, "Just imagine Dorian.."

"It is lovely to meet you." Evan Faucett said over the noise of Dorian and Jane laughing together, "I've heard much about you between these two." He took her hand, placing a kiss upon it. A flashback of Sherlock Holmes doing the exact same action filtering through her mind.

"All good things I hope," She laughed slightly, trying to block thoughts of the detective from her head.