chapter 18

After their first kiss, they both sat on the mattress with their arms wrapped around each other.

Grey was whispering sweet nothings in her ears. Ariel was feeling very complacent in Grey's arms. She didn't even know when she drifted off to sleep.

When she woke up and did not feel Grey's arms around her, she panicked a little. She thought everything that had happened was a dream or Grey had changed his mind about their bond.

She sat up quickly, looking around the room for Grey.

“Hey, I'm here,” Grey said quickly and immediately he felt her distress. 

Ariel looked at Grey, who was standing by the window, and sighed in relief.

Grey straight away went to sit down at her side and wrapped his arms around her.

“I thought...” she trailed off, not completing her statement.

“Shhh! It is okay. I'm not going anywhere,” Grey said as he kissed her forehead.

“I know,” Ariel said. “I'm sorry,” she expressed regret. “But I just know you are not leaving.”

“Don't apologize. I understand. I promise I will never leave you.”

“Because you are mine,” she said lovingly. 

“Yours always,” Grey murmured and kissed her. 

Ariel smiled as she rested her head on Grey's shoulder.

Grey smiled softly at her. He was thinking about telling Ariel the reason why he killed and hated Angels. He knew she deserved to know, especially now that they were soulmates. He did not want to keep anything from her.

“I have to tell you something,” Grey said gently.

Ariel sat up straight and looked at Grey.

“Is everything alright?” Ariel inquired.

“Well, I have to tell you something,” Grey said 

“Okay”, Ariel said

“Well...”

Grey was about to say something but he was interrupted by a knock on the door. Both glanced at the door before Ariel stood up to open the door.

“Hey,” her mother said to Ariel softly. “Hey, Grey,” she said, waving at Grey who waved back. “Can I have a word with you?” Elena asked her daughter.

“Yes, I will meet you downstairs,” Ariel replied. 

Elena nodded and headed downstairs.

Ariel turned back to Grey, sat next to him and kissed him softly. 

“I will be back soon,” Ariel said 

Grey nodded his head. “I will be right here, waiting for you,” he murmured. 

Ariel kissed him one last time before she left the room.

Ariel saw her mother in the living room, so she went to sit next to her. 

“What's up, Mom?” Ariel asked. 

“I want to talk about you and Grey,” Elena replied. 

“What about us?” Ariel questioned. 

“Your feelings for each other have grown by leaps and bounds, right?” Elena asked. 

“Yes.”

Elena nodded her head and Ariel wondered where her mother's talk was going.

“Well, due to the fact you have connected your bond with Grey and your feelings for each other has grown, you guys will desire to kiss more and even move further in your relationship,” Elena said.