lxx. AMONG US

A/N — Someone's comment gave me this idea. It's short, but oh well.

—— ——

"Y/N, that's not fair!"

You cackled manically as you ran past Bucky's corpse. A few days ago, you'd introduced him to Among Us, a new game that had taken the world by storm, and now the two of you were hooked. However, just because he was your boyfriend, didn't mean you were afraid to kill him when you were playing as the imposter.

"Why?" you smirked, instantly reporting the body and proceeding to persuade the other participants that you weren't the murderer. "It's not my fault. You weren't doing your tasks, anyway."

Bucky watched bitterly as another person was kicked out of the game, blamed for your crimes. "You love me. You're supposed to let me live."

"I'd rather not," you deadpanned, sniggering as you sabotaged the reactor.

Before long, the game was over – you won, of course, you were a formidable imposter. Pleased, you turned to Bucky with a grin, only to find him pouting like a child.

"Bedtime?" you asked hopefully, glancing at the clock, only just noticing that it was almost two in the morning.

He didn't reply, so you simply grabbed his hand and tugged on it. When he refused to move, you sat beside him, shuffling as close as possible to snuggle up to his side.

"Bucky," you cooed, sighing contentedly when your cheek nuzzled the soft material of his shirt. And it took all of his willpower not to smile because he thought you were just so damn adorable.

"No," he grumbled, keeping up his irritable facade. "No cuddles for you. You killed me."

"Alright, silly," you giggled, rolling off the side of the couch before standing up. "But I'm going to bed. Let's see how long it takes before you give in."

Obviously, it took no more than five minutes before Bucky's silhouette appeared in the doorway; he could never stay away from you for long. Finally smiling and fondly shaking his head, he climbed into bed beside you, immediately wrapping both arms around your waist and pulling you towards him. You pressed your face into the crook of his neck, peppering his skin with soft kisses as his chin rested on top of your head.

"Love you," you murmured, his warmth already lulling you to sleep.

"I love you too..." he replied, "but next time I'm imposter, you'd better watch your back."