eleven

"Morning Bailey," Kaycee said, almost skipping down the path towards the girl.

"Good morning Caitlin," Bailey said, her head peeking out from inside the carriage.

"How are you today?" she said, smiling more than ever.

"My, you seem awfully chipper today," Bailey smirked

"Oh hush."

"Excuse me. You're practically jumping out of your seat."

"I just think today is going to be a good day." Kaycee said happily "Thank you for coming to our dinner the other day."

"You're very welcome. How's my cousin?"

"He's good. He's' working again today and tomorrow before new years eve, but he doesn't seem to mind. His working hours are shorter right now so I don't think he minds." Kaycee replied, "How about your family, any plans for the new year?"

"I'm not too sure. Usually, we just have one big meal together and then visit our family on the 1st, nothing too extravagant, and you?"

"Oh, well we used to do much the same. We don't plan to do anything, i don't think so anyway. Things are rough with his parents at the moment, so I think we'll just spend it together." Kaycee said, slight sighing but not too unhappily. "Oh, but hopefully my sister Catherine will be able to visit soon. I wrote her a letter that I plan to send tomorrow."

"That will be nice," Bailey said Kaycee nodded.

"Morning, ladies," Kaycee said sitting herself down next to Taylor. Receiving a greeting from each of her friends.

"Have the two of you heard the news?"Tahani quickly asked the pair who had just arrived.

"What news?"

"Only the most amazing news ever!" Tahani squealed

"What is the 'best news ever' Tahani?" Bailey said. Knowing her friend's tendency to over-exaggerate, Kaycee was not expecting a lot.

"The mayor is organising a county fair, in February!" Tati said before Tahani could, causing the latter to send her a scowl.

Kaycee watched the girls with huge smiles on their faces and even heard bailey gasp a little. Confused she felt she had to ask.

"I'm not quite sure I understand."

"About the county fair? Have you never heard of a country fair, Caitlin?"

"No, no of course I have. I don't understand why you're so excited, it's just a county fair."

"We're excited because it means everyone from the whole county is going to be together, all the boys too," Tahani said in an obvious way.

"Why wouldn't the boys be there?" Kaycee asked

"You don't understand. The boys are allowed to introduce themselves to us, sometimes they ever get us flowers, and then, if our parents let us, we get to dance with them at the end of the night!"

"You dance at county fairs?"Kaycee asked, excitement edging in her voice

"Well, of course, we dance at county fairs. Everyone gets a partner, oh it's so much fun."Tahani gushed "Have you never danced at a county fair?"

"Oh, no I suppose not. My father never really let us go, he called it ridiculous and would always tell us it was a was for the poor to take all our money away, as if the stalls were a scam." Kaycee said, frowning

"Charles father never would let his nor his sisters go either. Similar reasons I presume." Bailey said

"Well, none of that matter now. Both of you can come to them from now on!" Tahani said. Kaycee listened for a few minutes as Tati and Tahani rambled on about the county fair.