13

I was awoke hearing a loud ring from my phone, because of so much thing that I did, hindi ko namalayan na naka-idlip na ako. Good thing, I don't have an appointment or even a patient as of this moment.

I opened my phone and it's 1 in the morning, I saw missed calls from Mom, dad, and Harry. Hindi ko na maalala kung anong oras ako huling nakaharap sa pasyente, all I remember is, I felt dizziness and suddenly slept on the couch.

I opened the inbox and I texted Mom, I told her I fell asleep and they don't have to worry. She responded immediately and told me to sleep and have time to rest. I looked at Harry's texts, he flooded me with my name and missed calls, what's with him?

I replied and asked him if he's okay, I lean on the couch and massaged my temple, I shouldn't have sleep earlier, what if there's an emergency and I didn't even notice?

I stood up and went to the comfort room, I did my routine and went outside, I opened the fridge and find something to eat. I have a lot of foods here but I'm too lazy to cook one, isa pa, ako lang naman ang kakain, it would be better if someone will eat with me.

I reached my wallet and wore my jacket, I went straight to the information table, and smiled at the nurses.

"Hello, did I missed an emergency?" I asked

My conscience won't let me sleep knowing I missed an emergency, I should save lives and not to sleep sa gitna ng mga panganib.

He shook his head, "Wala po, Dok. Si Dr. Asuncion at si Doktora Gia po ang naghandle ng emergency kanina."

"What happened?" I asked

Doctor Gia is not a normal doctor, she's a surgeon and she rarely handles an emergency. Except if it's a serious thing that needs to perform an operation. While doctor Asuncion can handle everything. In his years of being a doctor, marunong na siya ng lahat and he studied all possible cases since he wants to revive lives.

Dr. Asuncion's presence does not surprise me, it's Dra. Gia. That's why I asked.

"Nabaril po, doktora. Mabuti nga po nandoon si Doktora Gia."

I nodded, "Thank you," and smiled.

"Walang anuman po," He smiled

I walked away and examine the whole area, I went to the lobby and watch everyone who is sitting in the waiting area. I went outside, hugging myself because of the cold breeze that slaps my skin. I help my jacket tightly and walked until I reached a convenient store.

This is where I bought delight because of my cravings. I entered the store and the cashier greeted me, they know me since I was always here lalo na no'ng nagsisimula pa lang ako. Their store was my escape from stress, their foods comforted me especially the coffee.

I bought instant noodles, sandwiches, and coffee. I paid for it and ask not to pack it. Naglagay ako ng hot water sa instant noodles and I waited until the noodles are ready to eat. I eat my sandwich as I wait and held my phone, I almost jumped when someone called me.

It's Harry? What's with him!

"Hel—"

He cut me off, "Zani! You free today?"

I gasped, watching his name on the screen, and silently laughed.

"It's almost 2 in the morning, Harry! What's with you?" I asked

I really don't get this man, he's my best friend but I just woke up! He's so annoying! As ever.

"Let's eat together!" He said I can visualize his face, smiling and trying to be cute just for me to say yes.