Chapter 8

Cole's p.o.v

Opening my eyes, I jolt up. A hand on my shoulder gently pushes me down. Looking, the guy from before moves back. He goes to the chair and sits down.

"Wh....were...where's my....friends." I rasp. He motions to my left and right. Looking to the left, Lloyd waves and Jay smirks. To the right, Nya and Zane smile. "Wu, Garmadon and Misako are in the next room." The guy says.

"How....do you..know my parents and ....uncle." Lloyd asks. The guy chuckles. "I was trained by Sensei Wu and Garmadon." My jaw clinches. "Who the hell are you." I snarl.

The guy removes the hood and mask, but still don't recognize hem. "You know, that body was a pretty good knock off. Almost fooled me. But, it can't beat the original." He says.

Nya sits up "Kai." Her voice bearly a whisper. The guy smirks, chuckling "The one and only." He says. I sit up, holding a hand out. Kai comes over, slapping some skin and than locks our fingers. Unlocking them, he hooks our fingers and I pull hem in for a hug.

Kai hugs me tight, pulling away when a knock sounds at the door. Kai goes to it, moving the coat the grasp a dagger helt. "Olly Olly Oxen Free." He says.

"All Out In The Free, We All Are Free." A little voice sounds. Kai smiles, removing his hand and opens the door. A little boy and girl stand there. "Mama." The boy jumps in Kai's arms.

The little girl looks at us, running to Nya. Kai walks over, one-armed, lifts the girl onto her bed. The girl crawls to Nya, laying beside her. "Mommy." The little girl says. Nya looks at Kai who nods and Nya holds her first born close.

"She came into my care a week ago. And now, she's in yours, little sissy." Kai says, still holding the boy. "Mama, is that the real aunt Nya." He says.

"Yes, Light, that's really aunt Nya." Kai says. The kid, Light, smiles at us. "Hi Aunt and Uncle's." He says, waving. I give a wave as well as the door opens. Kai wrips around, relaxing when The Commissioner walks in.

Kai smiles "Commissioner, what brings you here." Kai greets. The Commissioner holds a slip of paper to Kai. Kai reads and looks at us. "Can I have a week." He asks.

The commissioner nods and leaves. Kai folds the paper, turning back to us. "It's a hit list. When the clones betrayed me, I became a Gangster. I hunt down Criminals of all backgrounds. I've even taken down the thugs that raped me." Kai says, his back still to us.

"Wait, what." Nya says. Kai sighs, slumping in the chair. Light goes to Kai, Kai picks hem up. "Three months after the clones betrayal, I was going to the store late one night. I passed an ally and got a bad feeling.

"A thug grabbed me and threw me on some trash bags. I went to lounge forward when two of the four pinned me down. I tried to burn them but the boss injected me with vengestone. The fourth wrapped a chain around my neck to hold me down.

The two holding my arms, tore my pants at my crotch and....and......the boss raped me. After he was done, the other three took turns. I passed out and came too being loaded in a ambulance." Kai finished explaining.

We all look disgusted but, Kai has made a life for hemself. Wait a minute "Kai, we have no money for treatment. How....." Kai smirks, laughing.

He reaches for the inside pocket of his coat. Kai pulls out a wallet, a fat wallet. He opens it and nothing but hundred dollar bills. "I get payed for the thugs I bring to justice. And, I work at a dinner." Kai says.

"You.....you..." Zane trys to talk. "It bearly made a dent in what I have." Kai said. I smirk as Light lays down, resting his head on Kai's lap. Kai combs his hair and soon, Light is asleep.

"I need to head home, I have to pull a double shift tomorrow so I'll be going. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon." Kai stands, holding Light in his arms. Light lays his head on Kai's shoulder.

Kai waves, we wave goodbye. He leaves, and it's like we gained someone back from the dead. We settle in and start recovering.