42 - Hold my hand

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
BLOOD

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING GUN VIOLENCE BLOOD

I stood frozen to the spot. Sovereign managed to get one last laugh before being taken by the sweet solitude known as death.

The silence that ensued was deafening.

I watched Alessia pale. Her naturally tan skin was void of barely any color. She had lost a lot of blood. She was injured and weak. Her body went rigid as she watched Ace collapse to the ground. Tom tried to rouse his friend but Ace was unresponsive.

Alessia stared at her husband, the man whom she loved with all her heart. I could see her heart almost shatter in two at the sight of Ace, bleeding out and possibly dead.

She snapped out of her daze and cried out, while emptying her gun into Sovereigns body. Tears ran down her face, she was breaking.

I ran to her, ignoring my own pain for it meant nothing. I grabbed her into a hug, to try and silence her rage. To try and calm her down. I pulled her into me as she cried and cried. I've never seen her cry so much. I stroked her blood stained hair, my own heart breaking watching her feel so vulnerable.

She calmed down enough to stumble to Ace. She dropped down beside him and stroked his face. She muttered words of reassurance, but the wounds he suffered were detrimental. She checked his pulse and sighed relieved when she found it. She kissed the back of his hand. She couldn't lose this man, I wouldn't let it happen.

"Let's get you to a hospital." I placed a comforting hand on Alessia's shoulder, which was bitterly cold. She did not move. I am unsure if she could even move. She must be exhausted. I expected to get a earful from her but she remained quiet. I was getting worried. I have never seen her like this before. She must truly love Ace. I tugged off my blood stained T-shirt and draped it onto her.

Soon enough, we were dropped off at a private hospital. The best that money could afford. Ace was taken away for surgery and Alessia soon fainted. The blood loss being been too much for her to handle.

I remained by Alessia's bedside as the doctors released her from surgery. Her leg was bandaged up and her arm was in a sling. I only smiled imagining Alessia waking up to see her arm in a cast, something she loathed.

I was also cleaned up and the many painkillers I took ceased the pain I felt for a while. Tom and Zara left for a hotel, vowing to visit Alessia and Ace soon. I sent Alena back home to Italy after the doctors checked her over. She begged me to let her stay but I knew that Alessia disliked her presence.

I felt immense guilt over my incapability to protect Alena. Perhaps Alessia was right, no ordinary girl could survive and live in our world. Perhaps I should let Alena go, but I love her. The same way Alessia loves Ace. I was considering leaving with Alena to hide in a sleepy little village. Alessia would be absolutely furious with me, not with the fact that I was going incognito but with the fact that I was leaving with a girl she hated.