6 - Casual Conversation

Sirius couldn't believe what was going on. He looked at Harry. He was really all grown up.

"28 years old." Sirius pondered aloud. It was a mind boggling thought. Another 12 years had gone without him, but surely this time was gonna different.

"Oh I know right? I can't believe it myself sometimes." Harry answered.

"And you're already Head Auror?!" said Sirius.

"Honestly, It's just because of the whole Voldemort thing." Harry joked. He hoped that that would be as far as the went in that subject today.

   Sirius' face grew, a little serious, if you will. It just didn't sit right with him. How could Harry possibly be so at ease with this whole "Voldemort thing?" How could he be so cool with the memory of the guy to refer to the whole ordeal as the "Voldemort thing?"

   Sirius himself couldn't even be so casual with something like that. He just couldn't help but ask.

"About that." Sirius began. "When you say you killed him-"

Harry's eyes grew a little wider. He turned away from Sirius and down at a stack of papers on his desk.

"I've got to fill these out as soon as possible so you can officially be alive again." Harry laughed, interrupting Sirius while he pointed to the stack in order to change the subject quickly.

Sirius didn't try to ask his question again. Not that he even got to ask it a first time. He figured it was probably for the best anyway. Now probably wasn't the time.

"Being an Auror is more paperwork than anything." Harry chuckled to himself, "I think i'll just take this home with me."

Sirius watched as Harry picked up the papers and sorted through them, splitting them into which ones he would bring home and which ones he'd leave.

Sirius noticed the ring on Harry's hand. The left hand to be specific. His eyes opened slightly wider.

"Are you married!?" Sirius asked in a shocked tone. Harry laughed as he turned around and began to put the papers he was taking home into his bag.

"Haha Yeah." Harry smiled as he answered with his back still turned to Sirius.

Sirius with a shocked look, he stood up and walked over to Harry.

   "So who's the lucky lady? When can I meet her?" Sirius teased as he nudged Harry's side.

   "You've actually already met her." Harry told his Godfather.

   "I have?" said Sirius.

   "Oh yeah. Loads of times." Harry smiled as he pointed to a picture on the wall, "You know her pretty well."

   Sirius looked at one of the many pictures. In the picture was Harry at his wedding.

   It was a large group picture.

   Harry stood in the middle. A bright smile etched across his face. It was the happiest Sirius had ever seen him. To Harry's left, Sirius had recognized Ron almost immediately. Surrounding them were several other familiar faces such as, Molly, Arthur, Hagrid, Neville, Luna and the rest of the Weasley's. To Harry's right was a short, redheaded young woman dressed in a beautiful white gown.

   He suddenly recognized her.

   "Ginny Weasley?!" Sirius askedned in a shocked tone.

   "Well technically she's a Potter now, but yeah." Harry chuckled.

   "Harry! You married your best friend's little sister!" Sirius shouted.

   "Did I really?" Harry continued to laugh.