Chapter 19

It was lunchtime, and Nathan was still in his office. He decided to go to Michelle's restaurant so he could visit her and also have lunch there. He hadn't seen her after hearing about her break up with Derek. He felt bad for not being by her side at such a time.

He was sure that she would want to be alone during this time, which was why he didn't go to her immediately but he needed to see her, to know how she was coping with everything that happened.

He drove to the restaurant but to his disappointment, Michelle wasn't there. He was told that she had been absent from work for a while now. He didn't know what to do as he had no idea where she would be. He didn't have her current address, so he decided to give her a call and see if she answered.

"Hey, Michelle"

"Nathan?"

When Nathan heard Michelle's voice, he felt more horrible. She sounded so weak and vulnerable. He didn't like the state she was in.

"Yes beautiful, it's me. I was at the restaurant but I was told that you haven't been to work for a while now... I need to see you," he said, hoping she would give him a positive reply. He heard her sigh before replying.

"I'll text you the address to my place." she quietly replied before hanging up.

Nathan received Michelle's text in less than two minutes. He got into his car and drove to the address.

He arrived at a beautiful bungalow with a lovely landscape. He knocked on the door and was greeted by a maid. He walked into the house and saw Michelle with an older-looking version of her. He had never seen Michelle's mom before.

"Good day," he greeted.

Michelle suddenly became nervous. She didn't think she would be seeing anyone from Derek's family again. Her mom responded to Nathan's greeting and excused herself so they could be alone.

"Hi," he said to Michelle as he took a seat beside her.

He was nervous because he didn't know what to say and didn't want to say the wrong things to her.

"Hi," she replied in a really quiet voice.

"How have you been?"

"Good, I guess." She was nervously playing with her fingers because she didn't want to look him in the face.

"Michelle, I'm sorry I haven't been able to come see you. It's just that I've been busy with work and I... To be honest, I didn't know how you were going to receive me if I decided to visit you," he confessed.

"It's okay. I understand," she said in barely a whisper.

Nathan wasn't comfortable with the fact that she didn't want to look at him. He wanted to see those beautiful eyes of hers. He placed his finger under her chin and slowly lifted her face, she didn't flinch away to his relief.

He finally got to see her eyes, but they held so much pain in them. She looked pale and her lips weren't as pink as they used to be.

"Michelle..." He called her name in a whisper but she turned her face away from him in embarrassment.

"Michelle, you don't have to torture yourself this way," he said.

"I'm fine."

"I know you're hurt. You don't have to hide that away from me... Please, Michelle, let me help you." he pleaded.

Michelle couldn't hold back the tears any longer. Nathan couldn't stand to see her hurt so he pulled her to himself so she could cry into his chest.

         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 It's been a week now since Nathan visited Michelle. He has been visiting every day since then. He made sure that Michelle ate something and tried the best way he could to make her smile before leaving. He noticed her lips were now turning pink and her skin was becoming less pale. Her eyes now held life inside them. He was happy to see her recovering pretty fast.

Two months have gone by, and Michelle has recovered fully with Nathan's help. He took her out so they could hang out and so she could take some fresh air, he did his best to always make her happy. She was glad she let him help her because she had no idea what would've become of her if she continued to wallow in her sorrow.

Michelle couldn't help but notice that her friendship with Chloe had slowly drifted. Chloe barely called her. She felt maybe it was because she was busy with work but she noticed that whenever she gave her a call to say hi, Chloe always sounded indifferent. So she decided not to bother her anymore, because she might be upset over something and probably don't want to bother her with it. When she felt better, she would give her a call, that was how Chloe was. She was glad though that through it all she had Nathan by her side.