What a surprise

A certain red head walked in the hall, a few girls giggling once they saw him

"Lai!"

He froze for a second. 'Is that...' He swished his head back to see a smiling (Y/n) looking up at him, a box in her hands. Did she chose to forget how he straight up ignored her? He smiled down at her "Minx-Chan! How long has it been?" She let him hug her and goofily laugh "It's been a minute. I just thought you didn't hear me when I called your name"

'But, I did..'

His smile lowered a bit as she looked down at the wrapped box "I got you this, I couldn't just not do it. You we're my first friend"

He lift the box and teared off the paper, being greeted to a small brown box. He opened it again and chuckled at the sight. It was spiked collar and a few macaroons. He bent down with a smirk "Does Minx-Chan want to have a little fun tonight?"

She shook her head with a smile of her own "Merry Christmas, you idiot"

"My offer still stands"

She lift a brow as he looked down at her "Would you mind going somewhere? Just like old times" (Y/n) stared at him as he gave her a soft smile, he wanted to go back like how things were. Her face stayed the same as she responded

"I cant.."

Laito looked at her with wide eyes as she continued "Reiji invited me to this Hibachi place. He said they'll cook the food infront of u---(Y/n)"

She looked back and waved at the magenta eyed Vampire. Reiji looked over to Laito with the same stoic look. Why? Why him? Laito broke the staring contest and looked down to see the girl getting ready to walk away "Bye, Laito! See ya after winter break!" She waddled over to Reiji, him turning around and walking with her, not before sending Laito a strong glare.

Laito...

His playboy look was gone as he watched the girl he had befriended walk off with the Vampire that lured her away

Far behind him, a blonde male hummed a chuckle and went on about his way after watching it all play out

~

The fire came to life on the stove as the cook went at it. (Y/n) stared, marveled, at the whole ordeal while Reiji sat there like it was nothing. He shook his head at her "You get amazed by the easiest things" (Y/n) rolled her eyes and held her plate forward as the cook placed the fried rice on it "Just 'cause you've seen it all before, doesn't mean I ain't"

Reiji sent her a pointed look "The word 'ain't', isn't a word" The girl looked his way with pursed lips, attitude present "How 'ain't' ain't a word?"

As everyone started eating and the cook prepared to leave, the purplette glanced (Y/n)'s way as she tried to eat the noodles on her plate, failing as it fell off her chopsticks.

"Maybe I'm doin' it wrong.." She went to try again but in the corner of her eye, she could sense the Sakamaki staring. She looked his way and then down to his lap, a small, purple wrapped box with a bow. She watched as he passed it to her and uttered a "Merry Christmas, (Y/n).."

The girl smiled brightly and picked it up, opening the present and lightly gasping at the gift.

"Oh...My fucking God.."

Reiji waited as she reached inside and pulled the small white gloves. She put them on and flexed her fingers, bright colors soon flashing in them. That made her jump a little and soon chuckle at the cool effect "This is so cool!" She moved her arms around, amazed by how the colors followed the gloves. She looked back inside the box and smiled as the tea bags and chocolates sat inside.

(Y/n) looked up to her friend and pat his head "Thank you, Reiji. You're making my gift seem shitty" The male scoffed and pushed her hand away. (Y/n)'s eyes sparkled as she looked at the gloves again "Look at them light up! On," She out stretched her fingers "Off" She closed her palm with the same smile. "On...Off!"

'Like I said, 'Amazed by the easiest things''

After that whole charade, Reiji took (Y/n) walking around the open shop plaza. She looked around as the lights shined and the snow fell. The crunch of footsteps carefully followed behind them, trying to be as unseen as possible.

He hated seeing them together, it upset his stomach

She gave all her attention to Reiji. She even gave him hugs.

The hat ontop this head aided him with the snow not coming into his eyes but now seeing her like this, he wanted the snow to just fall over his lashes and all, blocking his view of the two.

He hated to see her sad, but seeing her smiling and happy with someone else just made him feel some type of way.

The blonde from before nudged his newspaper down, staring at Laito as he stood off. His right eye glowed a light red tint as he stared at him, it was an obvious emotion

Jealousy

One our little Laito should recognize, afterall, he and the other Triplets did fight for their mother's attention

That bitch

The blonde looked back to where the girl and second oldest sat in the snowy park. She passed him a chocolate as they enjoyed the rest of their night. The girl hummed and looked up to a small mirror that showed the area. She could've sworn no one was behind them but in the mirror, someone was watching.

She looked back but, no one was there. Not even the guy holding his newspaper "Is there something wrong?" (Y/n) shook her head and looked up to Reiji "Nah, just thought I saw someone"

The Vampire knew his brother was there, does Laito really think he wouldn't catch his scent. But, the other scent.

The 'unpleasant' one...

One of them were here

Just when he was about to look back, (Y/n) turned to him with a mischievous smirk. He narrowed his eyes at her in caution while she pointed above them. He followed her hand to see a mistletoe hanging off one of the lights above them

"C'mere, Reiji~"

He pushed her face away and scooted farther from her on the bench as she tried to reach out for him "Please..." He still scooted away from her anyway.

(Y/n) thought for a bit and lit up at her idea. She fell to the snowy ground, face first. The male next to her deadpan at her struggle to get up from the hood of her coat covering her face. She stood back up and spread her arms, eyes closed for the kiss but, Reiji blocked her again.

"J-Just one...So close, g-goddamit.."

~

"Oh, this snowflake looks so weird! That's cool"

The girl let it fall on her palm and slowly melt away as they walked back to the parking lot. She sneezed and sniffed "I thought that cold went away.." A sigh was heard next to her as something was placed on her head "You didn't think to bring a scarf? Imbacile.." (Y/n) smacked her lips and crossed her arms "What the hell did I ever do to yo--"

Reiji stayed in place for a moment longer til he removed his lips from her cheek and nudged his glasses, walking forward. (Y/n) lift a hand to her cheek as she stood there, suprised. He kissed her...

"Hurry. We dont need your illnesses to become worse"

She smiled brightly, a small red hue coming to her cheeks as she chased after him "I'm comin'! I didn't expect you to change so quickly, Pigeon!"

"oW!"

"You're very well aware of my name, use it"