02 - Prefect Privileges

It was September 1st, 1995, the first day for another year at Hogwarts.

Ellie stood with her mother at Platform Nine and Three Quarters as she watched her trunk get loaded into the train. The platform was busy with bustling students, all rushing to make it onto the train on time.

Amelia placed a firm palm onto Ellie's shoulder, looking down at her daughter with a serious expression.

"Now, you listen to me very carefully," Amelia instructed sternly. "No danger, no pain, no trouble. You are to do your best to be a good student, okay? No fooling around of any sort. Do you understand?"

Ellie snapped back into reality, barely registering any word her mother had said. By the look on her face, Ellie could tell that her mother had said something along the lines of "be safe".

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be safe, don't worry," Ellie responded hastily as she glanced at the clock. "I've got five minutes to board. I don't want to be late, Mom."

Amelia suddenly pulled Ellie in for a tight hug, nearly squeezing her to death. Ellie chuckled lightly as she embraced her mother. Ellie broke away reluctantly to see that Amelia's eyes were glistening slightly.

"Mom, don't tell me you're going to cry," Ellie groaned.

"This is my first time officially sending you off to board the train. Last year, Hagrid took you, remember?" Amelia reminisced. "I wish I would've been able to drop you off during your first year."

"Look, I love you, but I really have to get going," Ellie urged as the train hooted in warning, already walking backwards towards the door.

"I love you too, dear," Amelia smiled. "Remember, stay out of trouble. And tell Hermione I said hello!"

Ellie smiled with a nod before fully turning around to jog towards the door. She gave one last look to her mother and waved at her before entering the train in the nick of time, sighing in relief at the near miss.

She maneuvered her way in the tight aisle, dodging students who were shoving away their carry-ons onto the top rack. Ellie passed a few compartments filled with students chattering about their summer, searching for her girlfriend's mess of curls.

Within a split second, Ellie nearly tumbled to the ground as a strong force plowed into her. She barely caught herself using the wall next to her, using it as leverage to stabilize herself. The Hufflepuff looked up to see Hermione standing closely in front of her, her expression both startled and excited.

"Ellie! I thought you had gotten lost. I was just about to look for you," Hermione exclaimed as she brought her girlfriend in for a quick, but tight hug.

"Seems like you've got a knack for bumping into me," Ellie observed with a joyous smile.

"Come on, I have a compartment for us," Hermione invited with elation as she grabbed Ellie's hand, skipping down the aisle to get to the back.

They eventually approached a larger-than-average compartment near the back of the train, its overall exterior much more luxurious than the regular ones. Hermione slid open the door to let them both inside, showcasing its lock and shutters that were usually absent from the normal compartments.

Ellie looked around the carriage with a puzzled look, raising an eyebrow at Hermione.

"Where is everyone?"

"Uh—well, we won't be sitting with them for the ride. They're in a different compartment. Sit with me, I'll tell you all about it."

Ellie took a seat in front of Hermione leaning back casually as the Gryffindor waited patiently, her smile wide with excitement.

"Yesterday, Professor Dumbledore sent a letter to me," Hermione started. "It said... that Ron and I are prefects for our year! Isn't that exciting?"

"Really? That's amazing, darling!" Ellie beamed proudly. "Congratulations, you deserve it."

"And the best part of it all... are all the privileges we get," Hermione continued with a smirk as she stood up to shut the blinds and lock the door.

"What are you doing?" Ellie trailed, arching a brow in wonder.

"Well, prefects get their own bathrooms. And their own compartment on the train, meaning this is all ours," Hermione explained as she moved to sit excessively close next to Ellie.

"But I'm not a prefect..." Ellie frowned. "Unless my goody two-shoes of a girlfriend is breaking one of the rules on her first day."

"Well, no one is going to know. Ron won't come in here; he's too busy chatting away with Harry," the Gryffindor reasoned as her eyes flickered at Ellie's lips.

"You're a lucky girl," Ellie commented with a light laugh.

"Actually... you're the lucky girl here," Hermione trailed as she moved her right hand to trace her index finger along Ellie's jaw. "I won't mind sharing all my privileges."

"You've missed me?" Ellie teased as she bit her lip at Hermione's actions.

Hermione didn't answer as she leaned forward to connect their lips together, already moving to straddle Ellie's hips. The Hufflepuff gave in, not surprised at the slightest at Hermione's eagerness.

The kiss did not last long, as a sudden sharp knock rapped against the window. Hermione broke away swiftly as she backed into the seat in front of Ellie, patting down her clothing to appear normal. Ellie unlocked and opened the door to see a plump witch standing before her with a trolley of sweets supplied by Honeydukes Sweetshop.

"Would any of you two ladies be interested in some snacks for the trip?" the lady asked with a friendly smile.

Ellie eyed the sweets with a gleaming eye, wanting to try everything from Cauldron Cakes to Pumpkin Pasties. Because she had barely any pocket money for the trip, Ellie declined respectfully, claiming she wasn't hungry.

The lady simply nodded and turned to Hermione with the same questioning gaze.

"And for you, dear?"

"I'll have two of everything and a copy of the Daily Prophet, please."

"That'll be 12 sickles."

Hermione proceeded to rumble through her coin purse, the sound of the currency clanging against one another. She handed the lady the proper amount in turn of the load of sweets, thanking her as she closed the door once more.

Hermione sat back down with an expectant look as her eyes flickered to the pile of sweets next to her.

"What?" Ellie shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you expect me to finish this all by myself? Come here, share with me," Hermione invited, patting the area on the other side of the sweets.

"Are you being for real?" Ellie questioned as she reluctantly sat by her girlfriend.

"Of course I am, love. It's an eight hour ride, and you've never tried Honeydukes anyway," Hermione shrugged casually.

"Thank you, Hermione," Ellie smiled appreciatively as she leaned over to peck her girlfriend's lips.

Hermione simply smiled as she unwrapped a pumpkin pasty and took a bite. The two ate for the next hour, making the occasional conversation. By the time they were done, the lovers were cuddled with each other, squeezing their bodies together to fit on the bench. Ellie laid with her back against the wall, her feet outstretched in front of her. Hermione laid right on top of the Hufflepuff as she settled between her legs, her head resting on Ellie's shoulder.

After a short while of peaceful relaxation, Hermione reluctantly stood up to flatten the wrinkles in her clothes.

"I have to go on patrol with Ron," Hermione sighed as she re-pinned her hair back in place.

"Right now?" Ellie whined from her position, feeling cold without Hermione's body heat.

"Yes, right now. I'll be back, darling. Don't go anywhere."

Hermione proceeded to plant a quick kiss on Ellie's lips before slipping out of the compartment, giving one last smile to her girlfriend.

Figuring that it'd pass the time faster, Ellie curled into a ball on the bench as she let herself drift to sleep.