35 - better for you

*calum flashback*

"Don't be an asshole, Calum. Ashton really likes her," Michael warns me for the third time as we head to the dressing room.

I'm so excited to finally meet the girl that Ashton is keeping everything from. She must be really naïve to not realize that she's being played.

I give Mikey a small nod and then open the door.

"We heard there were girls!" I exclaim cheekily. I actually was only expecting to see Maddie, but there is another girl here.

She looks away as soon as I see her and I examine her clothes. She dresses kind of like a hobo, but not in the cute way. If her face wasn't so delicate looking, I'd think she was a boy because I can't tell that she has boobs at all.

"It's Maddie!" Michael hugs Maddie like a doofus and I roll my eyes.

Ashton narrows his eyes at me as I walk over to Maddie. He holds her close and I can practically see the fear in his eyes.

He doesn't want me to say anything. He begged me earlier to let him tell her in private and I'm not sure if I'm gonna do that. It isn't fair that Ashton wins the game and gets the girl. She needs to know and I want to make sure she doesn't come running back to him.

"I just wanted to apologize for what happened on FaceTime, Maddie. I was being immature," I smile sweetly and she looks so flustered.

That was the first thing to do. Apologize so I have a clean slate, then tell her everything.

I walk over to the fridge and grab a few beers for everyone. I offer the hobo girl one, but Luke tells me no for her. He's being short with me and I notice how he keeps glancing at the girl.

It's because he's interested too. Why am I not surprised?

I sit down and look at the girl in front of me. "What's your name?"

"Jordan," She says quietly. I see Luke moving around uncomfortably and try not to smile.

"Would you want to go take a walk or something?" I shrug and fix the hat on my head. She glances at my arms that are visible in my muscle tee and then looks away. Her cheeks turn red and it makes her look pretty.

"Lay off, mate," Luke snaps. He discreetly shakes his head and I just about groan out loud.

He likes her, I can already tell. Between the way he looks at her curiously and the way he tries to scoot over a few inches every time she's not looking, I know. He's not interested in another point, he's just interested in her.

Why the fuck does everyone want to settle down? This game we're playing is great. We're young and we need to take these opportunities when they're given to us. Everyone else may want to, but I have no interest in quitting this game.

"You're doing the same damn thing," I say just because I know it'll piss him off. Maddie approaches the couch and gives me a curious look.

"Sorry, Mrs. Irwin. My apologies," I laugh and she ignores me, sitting down beside Luke.

He has to move even closer to Jordan and I watch him put his arm behind her. She lays her head down a little and he slowly lays his hand on her shoulder.

I hate this, I hate how everyone is slowly pulling out of the game. Even Michael is too scared to get more than one point. Ashton was good in the beginning but ever since Maddie, he hates even talking about it.

"What's wrong, Calum?" Maddie asks sweetly.

"I'm losing," I laugh as I shake my head. Luke's glare makes me even happier.