37: Nap Time

I remember the time I told Derek about the message from an unknown number, he didn't look worried or suspicious, he looked calm and collected

I remember the time I told Derek about the message from an unknown number, he didn't look worried or suspicious, he looked calm and collected. He kept telling me it must be a joke.

He even took the number from my phone, telling me he would check, just to be safe. What an idiot.

The next day I dressed up in a comfortable blue Eastwood hoodie and a pair of black jeans and made my way to Chloe and Amber's room.

I entered as both of them were getting dressed themselves for joining the protest.

"Hello, girls." I waved, trying to get their attention and they both stopped for just a second to look at me, then continued with their work.

"Hey Ashley. Are you ready for the protest?" Chloe asks me, tying her sneakers.

"I am, are you two almost done?" I ask, taking a seat on her bed.

"We are, but I was thinking if you could go to the Starbucks in town and pick us our regular coffees and meet us back here? We won't be driving the car to the protest so it would save some time if you would leave now while we are getting ready," Chloe asks me.

"Oh, yeah, sure," I say, "I'll just meet you two down by the gate, okay?"

I rushed out to my car and drove to the opposite side of the town. There wasn't any traffic on the road as most of the residents of the town were students who were walking towards Eastwood right now.

I got out of my car and went inside the only Starbucks our town had. There were hardly two customers before me as I waited in a line to give my order.

I ordered our regular and waited for the order. I walked to the counter once I heard my name being called and thanked the lady after collecting the coffees.

I walked out to my car and opened the passenger seat first to place the coffees in the car. I then walked towards the driver's seat, dodging a black car swiftly as it drove past me on the road.

That was a close one.

I was about to open the door of my car to sit in, when I realised that the car that had just drove past me had stopped, just behind me.

I looked at it and before I knew what was going on a man with nice build got out of the driver's seat and lunged towards me.

He was wearing a black hoodie and black track pants and his face was covered with some kind of mask.

Not the mask you're thinking. A mask to cover his face.

He held me captive with one arm and used the other to cover my mouth. I was lifted off the ground in one swift motion and the next thing I know was I was sitting in his car with my hands tied lightly with a piece of duct tape on my mouth.

I tried to scream but it was useless. I tried to look out if someone saw me being kidnapped, but there were no people in this part of the town at this time. I am certain no one saw me.

But what is happening? Am I seriously being kidnapped? But for what? How could I be kidnapped? Not for ransom, that's for sure. There are wealthier targets in Eastwood.

Who could it be? And why?

I tried to think about any possible enemies, but couldn't. I don't have any.

The driver got in the car and started to drive as I tried to scream at him things, even though my mouth was taped shut.

Even I don't know what I'm saying. I just tried to copy the helpless wattpad girls when they are in this kind of situation.

I sat there thinking about my possible kidnapper, until the car finally came to a stop. The driver got out of the vehicle and opened the door for me.

He hovered over me and took my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and that's when I saw his eyes.

Those eyes are familiar. I've seen them before.

He picked me up gently in one swift motion and that's when I saw where we were.

I haven't seen this place before, ever. It looked like an old abandoned mansion at the outskirts of town. There were no other sign of civilisation, nearby.

The guy carried me inside and dropped me on a cushion with a thud, when there was a perfectly good couch right in front of me.

I looked at what he's going to do next and he carefully ripped the tape from my mouth. I didn't scream because I know it was useless. There were no signs of civilisation out there and besides he wouldn't take the tape off if he knew someone could hear me scream, now would he?

He moved to the middle of the couch and sat on it himself.

Oh, that's why he didn't give me the couch.

"Who are you?" I ask.

He reached for his mask and took it out for me to see his face.

"You? No way, why?" I ask, shocked.

***

Hey, everyone. The book is coming to it's end very soon.

Who do you think it is?

Please vote, comment and share.