Chapter 27.2

A/N: Hey y'all! Most are shocked with the Dante POV 🤭 hihi. Ngl, this story won't be 💯 smooth sailing one. There will be bumps on the road but I'll try not to disappoint. Enjoy reading loves! Ꮚ˃ꈊºัᏊ

Dante's POV

“I just wish time will go by fast today.” She mumbled all of a sudden.

“Why?” I asked, covering her view of the ceiling with my face.

She instantly jumped away squealing, her back making an impact with the floor.

As soon as she recovered, her face tensed and her body trembled furiously.

She must be scared.

I decided to distance myself from her, settling myself on the window seat.

I watched her as she anxiously scanned the room. She flinched almost immediately as her eyes met mine on the window seat.

She stared at me for a while, not uttering a single word nor moving an inch but her features pretty much tells me she’s terrified.

“Are you just going to sit there?” I asked. She flinched upon hearing my voice.

I stood up, pacing slowly towards her whilst she pushed her body backwards after every step I take forward.

I stared at her trembling body as her back touched the wall.

She finally lifted her head to look at me, her eyes showing the fear they’ve been holding in.

I slowly bent down to her eye level, her eyes locked on mine. I can’t help but notice the thumping in my chest as I look at her.

How can someone be this beautiful?

I can’t believe I’m smitten.

I extended my hands towards her to help her get up but she flinched, closing her eyes. I just stared at her, brow raised.

After a short while, she opened her eyes slowly.

I forced a smile on my face in order to look less intimidating and it somehow worked.

My breath hitched as the warm touch of her hand rested on top of mine. I froze for a second before snapping out of it and proceeded to lift her up.

“W-who are you?” She asked, taking a step back.

“I’m Dante.” I answered. I extended my hand once again, forcing a smile.

"Dante Hearth."

I just want to feel the warmth of her hands once more.

Now how can I get a strand of her hair? She obviously doesn’t like getting too close to me.

I hate to do this but I have no choice. Once this is done, I'll be free from Lilith.

“I see why Lilith didn’t like you.” I blurted out. It seemed to be working since she flinched upon hearing Lilith’s name.

I turned my smile into a smirk as her eyes met mine.

“You definitely look beautiful than any succubus I’ve seen.” I said as I slowly paced towards her.

In fact, I was being honest when I told her that.

I just hoped we would’ve met in a pleasant way.

Because then, I would’ve treated you better.

I grabbed her hands and pinned them above her head hastily as a scream escaped her throat. The fear in her eyes on mine made my stomach turn.

“P-please..” She said as tears began brimming in her eyes.