Chapter 34

The woman smirked and the man started running.

His face morphed into a twisted smile as he ran over to the person who looked the weakest to him; Aura.

She turned invisible and he stumbled forward. Tessa ran up and touched him, activating the visions.

"Those won't work on me sweetheart! I'm too insane." He laughed. Tessa stumbled back, but held her ground.

I turned toward the woman, who was looking at her nails. Blake was already running at her, but he was pushed back by, something.

It looked like a kind of smoke.

Blake coughed and gradually stood up.

The man and woman then went and joined each other again, bringing out two small devices.

A loud ringing erupted, causing everyone to scream out in pain.

Once it was over, the man laughed maniacally.

Lucas was about to run after them, but he only fell to the ground.

"My speed. It won't work." He yelled, confused.

Blake tried to bring shadows to his hands, but nothing happened.

Power dampeners? But even then, they couldn't wipe our powers out completely. There has to be some type of time limit.

The woman took out an earpiece and she ripped the man's out as well.

"I can't believe I was paired with you." She scoffed, removing the other earpiece from her other ear.

I took a deep breath and ran at the woman, who quickly dodged my attack.

She shot a smoke like substance at me, which I instinctively smelled before dodging out of the way.

It's just normal smoke. So then why does she seem so powerful? And where the HELL do I know her from?

"Children are such idiots these days." She chuckled.

Her voice was exactly as you'd think. A typical villain voice. She didn't look psycho, and she acted really smart.

Perhaps a leader? Or some sort of high rank?

I was thinking in slow motion as her attacks went for me. I dodged all of them and once I noticed her stopping for air I moved.

I stepped on her foot and brought my hand to her jaw, punching upward.

Blake helped, and he restrained her the best he could.

I looked over to Aura, Tessa, and Lucas, and they were fine. They had finished up with the crazy guy, and they were starting to restrain him.

"Who do you work for." Blake yelled, twisting the woman's arm as far as he could.

"You don't need to know." She smirked, giggling afterward.

"3." She counted.

What the hell? What does this mean?

I moved as fast as I could to help Blake restrain her.

"2." She taunted.

I tightened my grip but soon felt her slip away.

"1."

She waved her hand swiftly and a black smoke shot towards me.

I felt it go through my mouth and down my throat. I couldn't breathe.

I coughed out and controlled my breathing. Well, what was left of it. I looked over, and saw everyone else struggling with the same thing.

I grabbed my throat in reflex, almost clawing at it.

Just then, I heard a swish in the air.

The choking sensation stopped and I took in air, panting. I stood up and looked over, only to find Sabrina, Liv, and Mr. Peterson.

I gasped and Sabrina ran at the woman.

I felt a rush in my veins and I smiled.

"Power cancelling handcuffs!" Mr. Peterson yelled, throwing them to me and Lucas.

Blake grabbed some shadows and shot them at the man to prevent him from running away, but when he got away anyways Lucas chased him.

Sabrina was in combat with the woman, but it looked like she was fleeing.

The woman shot smoke at Sabrina and she fell back, giving her the opportunity to finally run off into the forest.

"Aw come on!" Sabrina yelled, throwing her sword at the ground.

"How did you guys-" I asked, but Liv cut me off.

"Mr. Peterson suspected something was wrong, but he said that asking for help from heroes would cause an outburst. So he called me to tune into you're guys's suits. There are mini cameras in the by the way. Don't worry, they're never on, but we had to make an exception." She explained.

"You couldn't have helped us sooner?!" Blake yelled, while Lucas only gasped.

"There are CAMERAS IN OUR SUITS?" He said, looking all over his body for a camera.

"Lucas, now is not the time." Sabrina face palmed.

"Guys, Aura's really badly cut up. That guy's power was knife throwing or something." Tessa said, throwing Aura's arm over her shoulder.

"I'm fine, it's just a couple of scratches-" She whined.

"Oh will you shut up already?" Tessa groaned. "We'll get her to the nurses office immediately." Mr. Peterson assured her.

I felt a small wave of dizziness wash over me, but I quickly shook it off, shaking my hands.

I saw Blake move a hand to his forehead, rubbing it a little.

I walked over to him and stumbled over my feet slightly.

"Everything okay you two?" Mr. Peterson asked us. "Yeah I think so." I answered.

I instinctively latched onto Blake's arm, my vision blurring. "Snow?" Blake spoke. His voice sounded groggy.

"Mr. Peterson I don't think we're okay-" Blake said, and I could barely see. I felt really dizzy, and I could barely stand.

Blake was holding me up, but I could tell he was feeling weak as well.

I closed my eyes briefly, and then opened them again.

"We need to get them to a nurse!" Lucas yelled.

Once he said that, Blake fell to his knees, so I fell too. I lost all feeling in my body, and I think I was going in and out of consciousness.

The last thing I saw was Blake pulling me into his arms as he fell backward.

Then I blacked out.

_________________________

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 100K READS JSANJDFBHSJDH

if you have any plot ideas at all feel free to comment them!