Chapter 16

Nobody knew that I had been stalking Clyde. They were all living a normal life and were least bothered about my disappearance after school. Tomorrow was Reid's birthday party, a guy from our school. The whole school was probably invited or even if the uninvited came, Reid wouldn't mind.

So it was a nice chance for me to keep a watch on Clyde as he wouldn't notice me in front of so many people. I didn't know why I was so sure about Clyde being Serena's abductor out of all the members of the photography club. He just seemed a bit odd.

NEXT DAY

I reached the party along with Taehyung, Rachael, Jungkook, Jimin and Cole and I promised myself not to get drunk because my main motive of coming here was to keep an eye on Clyde or else there would've been no point of coming.

The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and making my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard.

I couldn't make out any words, but the laughter rang in my ears and wouldn't let go. I had no choice but to join the crowd, jumping in a huddled group like Tic-Tacs being shaken in a box. But it was just to keep my friends busy so that they won't know if I ever came to the party or not. According to me, Jungkook, Rachael and Jimin were most likely to get drunk.

I lightly swayed my body along with the music. I wasn't that tall so I couldn't really see over the crowd and search for Clyde. I decided to leave the crowded area because most probably Clyde would also be around the house and not among the sweaty bodies of drunk teenagers.

I was about to leave when a hand grabbed my arm. I turned around and saw Taehyung, which heightened my feeling of apprehension. "Where are you going?" he asked me warily.

"Oh, umm....nothing. Just to the r-restroom."I stuttered. Oh god, I'm such a bad liar. He must be suspecting me now.

He simply nodded and joined the crowd, which was surprisingly exact the opposite of what I was expecting. Phew, that was close. I left the living room and entered the kitchen. There were a few people, but too drunk to notice me. There was a couple, snogging each other like there's no tomorrow.

I scrunched my nose in pure disgust and turned my gaze towards the kitchen counter to see a familiar face. I saw Clyde sitting on the counter and drinking. But he didn't seem to be that drunk. I started walking towards him and sat on a stool across him.

I grabbed a glass too, poured the drink in it and gulped it down my throat. I reminded myself to drink in limit because if I just sat there and questioned Clyde without drinking he'd get suspicious about me. "Hi." I blurted out.

"Hi." Clyde replied calmly and threw me a smile. "How are you?" I asked. "I'm good. How about you?"he said and took a sip from his drink. This conversation seemed as if two kindergarteners were talking to each other for the first time.

"I'm fine. Thanks. I see you fancy doing photography a lot."I said pointing to the camera dangling from his neck.

"Oh, yeah. Been a hobby since childhood."he said and smiled. He was starting to get tipsy. Maybe it was time to make him answer all the questions. But little did I know that I had also crossed my drinking limit. My vision was a bit unstable but I tried my best to sit still.

"Mind showing me some?" I questioned leaning forward a bit. "Sure."he replied softly and unwrapped the strap of his camera from his neck and brought it forward. But he didn't seem to notice that it resulted his shirt to slide down a little as the first two buttons were undone showing his left shoulder and a bit of his chest.

I knew I was drunk but still I was damn sure that I saw a tattoo with black ink right above the chest and towards his left shoulder. I couldn't really make out what the tattoo was about because he fixed his shirt, probably noticing my eyes on his chest, thinking I'm a pervert. Mind you, I'm not.

ᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠᵠ

A/N: small chapter.🙈 I tried tho.