Failed Attempt At Dinner

After showing Beau to his room and rather forcefully inviting him for dinner, Beast was about going downstairs when Lumiere cleared his throat.

"Em Master, aren't you forgetting one more person you need to invite to dinner?"

Beast groans.

"Does she really need to be there?"

"Of course she does. It's very important she's at the dinner."

Beast groans again and reluctantly drags himself to his sister's door. He knocks but doesn't get a response. He knocks again, same thing. Then he keeps knocking violently and the door is swung open by the (s/c) girl, her cloak discarded, her (h/c) hair flying around.

"What?!" She asked annoyed.

"You are to join me for dinner."

"Now why the heck will I..."

"That is not a request! I will see you downstairs for dinner in five minutes."

[Y/n] glared at her brother and slammed the door in his face.

Dinner was ready, but neither of the two were downstairs. Beast was angrily pacing in front of the fire, with Mrs Potts and Lumiere watching him.

"What's taking so long? I told them to come down. Why aren't they here yet?!"

"Oh, try to be patient sir. The young man has lost his father and his freedom all in one day. Also it's been really long since you and your sat to eat dinner together, surely you should try to understand how she feels." Mrs Potts explained.

"Uh Master, have you thought that perhaps, this young man could be the one to help break the spell?" Lumiere asked

"Of course I have. I'm not a fool." Beast replied angrily.

"Good. You learn to love The Mistress, she'll love you back and poof! The spell is broken! We'll be human again by midnight!" Lumiere said with a smile.

"Oh it's not that easy Lumiere. These things take time." Mrs Potts said.

"But the rose has already begun to wilt." Lumiere protested.

****************

"Now why will he suddenly invite me to eat dinner with him?" [Y/n] asked angrily making her bed.

"Maybe he finally wants to get to know you better Mistress." Cogswarth said hopping after the girl as she was moving around the room.

[Y/n] gave the clock a 'really?' look.

"Come on Cogswarth, tell me the real reason."

"Well......uh......you see. Um that old man, who Master had imprisoned..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, turns out he has a son. Who came looking for him and one thing led to another, a deal was struck and well, the young man had to take his father's place. And now the Master wants to treat the young man as a guest and wants all of you to have dinner together."

[Y/n] blinked.

"You mean to tell me, my brother imprisoned an old man for wanting to spend one night in the castle, and now has had that same man's son imprisoned in his father's place, but not as a prisoner, as a guest?"

"He's hoping that the young man will teach him to love so that the curse will be broken. You see the rose has started to wilt and..."

"Of course, that's when my brother starts to care, when time's running out. After 10 years......" [Y/n] blinked away tears from her eyes. "Well you can go tell him, I'm not coming to dinner."