-ˋ 69

CHAPTER SIXTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY FALL OUT

. . .

"Sorry you got what?" Remus Lupin's voice could be heard - almost booming through the Potter house. "Yes, yes, hello - but Tiger what did you just say?" 

The boy had appeared in the fireplace in the kitchen just moments before, and with a bang and a sneeze, it seemed that Sirius had arrived. Peter had been dropped off half a hour previous to the Lupin boy arriving, and for around ten minutes, Tiger and James had been recounting their.. adventure the previous day. 

Seeing as James's birthday had ended up falling in the first week of the two week long Easter holiday, they had arranged for Peter and Remus to join the Potter household in celebrating James's birthday, first with a sleepover the night before, and then the day after with the actual celebrations. 

"Hi Rem, me and James got arrested - it was fun!" Tiger smiled, sitting up in her seat slightly. "We also broke into a house but don't tell Euphemia or Fleamont." She added, her voice much more of a whisper.

"Sorry what!" Remus exploded, and Sirius appeared next to his boyfriend, peering in the mirror that hung on one of the walls. He brushed his hair out of his eyes, dusting a tiny bit of ash off his nose, but his eyes weren't focused on himself, but rather the reflection of the scene in front of me.

"What's going on?" Sirius rose an eyebrow, spinning round to face the situation. Tiger looked a lot happier - refreshed from the break after what only Sirius could imagine as a rather stressful school term. 

James looked like he was hiding a laugh whilst simultaneously looking rather nervous, and Peter looked as awkward as ever, picking at his nails. Remus didn't seem to display any positive emotions, and Sirius frowned when he saw that his boyfriend looked rather anger. 

"Tiger and James got arrested and broke into a house." Remus muttered, and Tiger swallowed, feeling the slightest bit scared. Because the thing was - Remus was extremely scary when he was angry. 

Not because he was loud or shouted or tended to punch walls like many males did, but because he was almost completely silent. He would talk in low tones, not really say more than what needed to be said. He was was usually such a calm, sarcastic person - Sirius being more than dramatic enough for the pair, or even the whole group. 

"Rem, it's not a big deal, we're not going to jail or anything it was just for an hour or so." Tiger shrugged, trying to lighten the mood before Remus went completely silent. "We came up with a totally believable story as well."

"Yeah - bus tickets are flimsy paper things and there's no way one could stay put." James jumped in, not wanting Tiger to have to argue with Remus for too long. 

"It's pretty obvious that you're the one who encouraged it." Remus said flatly, letting his anger get the better of him and began to say what he want, with no filter and no care for who it was. "Being stupidly reckless, yet again." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" James stood up, and Tiger frowned, knowing that with James's somewhat explosive temper when it came to defending himself, this argument may not end up pretty. 

"It means that your the stupid reckless moron that I thought you had grown out of and that I'm not ok with you dating my cousin if you're going to get her into this sort of trouble." Remus replied, still not raising his voice, and Tiger glared at him. 

"And I'm not ok with you dictacting my dating life. If I were to date Severus Snape I would do - even if you didn't want me to." Tiger snapped. "Not that I'm going to.. ew." She added, before continuing. "Remus, I am perfectly fine. Now I suggest you go up to Sirius's room and calm down for a bit before you and James talk any further." 

Remus humphed and turned on his heel, dragging his bag behind him. Sirius stood still, watching as Tiger then turned to her own boyfriend - or whatever James was.

"Now you go and calm down somewhere. Your bedroom or outside or something." Tiger said, and James glared at her for a moment, visibly angry. But the girl stood her ground and stared right back at him. "Out." She pointed to the door, and almost like a scolded puppy, James trudged out of the room.

"That was incredible - well not the argument, but the way you handled things." Sirius said, watching as Tiger collapsed down next to Peter, taking some of the sweets he offered.

"Hm..? Well I just thought they should have time to calm down and seeing as they'll both listen to me I took the chance." Tiger said. "I just hope I haven't ruined James's birthday."

"You haven't, don't worry." Peter chimed in. "They'll make up by the end of the night. It's impossible for them to be mad at each other for too long. As much as Remus likes sarcastic comments, most of them are based off of James's stupid actions, and soon enough Remus will  go through withdrawal like Sirius does with coffee."

"Good analogy." Sirius nodded, looking down at Peter, and then at Tiger. "But don't worry, I'm surprised you haven't experienced one of their arguements before.. I suppose they haven't been happening since James 'grew up'. You haven't ruined his birthday." 

Tiger let out a sigh, sitting back in her seat, hand raised to fiddle with the charm of her necklace. She hoped it wasn't true, or else the feeling of guilt would gnaw away at her insides.

For there to be an upsetting argument on any day would be saddening or stressful, but because it happened the day before James's birthday, Tiger couldn't help but worry that she had ruined it. 

And she felt absolutely awful