Chapter Nineteen

Count Baratheon did not want to spend any more second in that intense situation. The Grand duke was a fierce man that even the crown prince afraid of. The man sitting infront of him — the crown prince had a serious face. He was just a low ranking count that felt did not deserve to be in the same room as them if not for Duchess Liliana's order. When he glanced to his side, he felt relieved that it was not only him who felt like that.

Sir James had a rough morning to start the day. It was just only Noah who got the scolding from their master but he too got the same treatment. Not only that, he even had to comfort his bestfriend from heartbroken but failed. Noah clearly indulged himself in works. Noah even forced himself to smile. Love is the worst. Sir James could only sighed to the intense aura in the room.

"It's about the coup d'etat two years ago. It's confirm that the man behind the act was the king of Manos." The grand duke started the converstation. Count Baratheon put his hand on his head as if he had a headache.

The black magic user really want to declare war with us.

Noah stared at him as he took notice of his weird reaction. "The Manos Kingdom doesn't want anything to do with us because of our alliance with the other two kingdom. Why would their king provoke my uncle to do that?" Noah could not think of any reason of a rising kingdom to do that. If Manos declare war now, they would lose because the Three Great Kingdom Alliance.

"This information came from my spy before he died on duty. This is legit. And one more thing." The grand duke's expression changed. He looked a bit scared. Noah had never seen such expression coming from his master. Even Sir James was surprised of that look. What could make their fierce master's face to turn dark?

"He have 12 elite unit serve directly under him. It was said that half of them are criminals and another half are notorious children of the nobles. They even learn black magic. There is someone that you all know very well."

Noah's eyes widened at the last sentence. Fear came to him. He felt like he knew who it was. He prayed in silence, hoping that person was not the one he thought of.

"Arthur Sayer, the son of Marquis Sayer."

Sir James fell down in shock. Count Baratheon quickly helped him up. "How could he?" Sir James' voice was of someone who was truly hurt. Noah stayed silent. He could not think of words to describe his feelings. Grand Duke Denvor knew exactly what both of them felt. Arthur Sayer was also his student along with Noah and Sir James. Those three were best friend.

"I thought he was only travelling for a long time. It was his dream to travel around the world." Noah finally spoke his mind.

"I thought so too. Even the marquis did not know about this as it had been a year since he got his son's last letter."

"He becomes a traitor and not only that, a black magic practitioner. It's hard to take this information." Noah sighed.

"The other five nobles are Gawain Krenn, Percival Greiy, Galahad Solis, Tristan Wells, Ector Lionel."

"All of them are great knights as great as Duchess Liliana." Count Baratheon could not believe his ears. If them that as great as Duchess Liliana and also use black magic, a great war would not be able to avoid.

Their king is also as strong as a god. Can we really win the war?

"I don't have any information about the other members. I hope they aren't some famous criminals. I will train the knights again for the upcoming war." The grand duke had to get out of his retirement just because of the upcoming war. Noah felt bad because of that.

"We will have a war with them?" Sir James asked.

"I take their king's action last two years ago as a request for war."

"I will tell all of these to the duchess. We will have her support along with the other two kingdoms." Count Baratheon told them. "How about the festival in two weeks from now? Will you cancel it, Your Highness?"

"No. The citizen already prepare so much for it. I don't want to waste their efforts. Besides, I don't want to create panic among them. Let this be a secret from them for now and just tell the other nobles about the upcoming war. Tell them to prepare for it." Noah replied. Count Baratheon nodded to his answer.

Noah did not want to cancel the festival because he wanted Aria to enjoy her time during the festival. No matter how heartbroken he was, he still wished for Aria's happiness. He still wanted to see Aria's smile. He missed her. It was not even 24 hours since the last time he met her. He still wanted to meet her again.

"Unbelievable." he murmured to himself. He just could not give up on her.

"That's all for today. You may leave."

Count Baratheon and the Grand Duke Denvor left the room together. It was only Sir James and Noah left alone in the room.

"You seems to be a bit brighter than this morning. Don't tell me you like having wars."

"You know I don't like wars. I have enough fighting to death two years ago." Noah replied. "I only now remember about the festival."

"Oh, you mean the annual festival to celebrate the founding day. A lot of people from the other kingdoms will come that day. I guess we need to strengthen the security to avoid any attack especially from Manos."

"I'm counting on you about that. I will take a leave on that day. That festival is my last chance to get her."

Sir James smiled. He never thought his best friend would brighthen up because of a small reminder from the count.

Be happy my friend.

End of Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Your votes are highly appreciated. I took inspiration of the twelve elites from the knights of the round table just in case anyone is wondering about it.