Attacked

The days in Zaofu were getting to be quite mundane. Of course, like everyone else, Sukara was encouraged to explore her talents, which she did and she'd learned a lot about metal bending in particular. She would teach again but that required patience, something she didn't seem to have much of these days. The amount of times she had had to use all her strength not to water whip Baatar Jr round the back of the head were too many to count.

He hadn't done anything, or even said anything else, he would just stare. And watch her whenever they were in the same place. She supposed it could be jealousy. That she understood, Kuvira would be quite something to lose, but it didn't stop the staring from being annoying.

She was actually wandering down a corridor, looking for her girlfriend while she thought about this. Su was the one to break her out of her daze.

"There you are," she said rather panicked, looking around frantically, "Where's Kuvira?"

"I don't know," Sukara shrugged, waiting for Su to offer an explanation as to why she was behaving like this.

"It is quite literally your job to know that," Su frowned, her panic making her easily irritable.

"Is she trying to run away?" Sukara asked, not that fazed by her lack of knowledge on Kuvira's whereabouts.

"No, I don't think so," Su said, calming a little, "we've had a break in. Two guards have been attacked, we're just trying to round everyone up."

"You could've led with that," Sukara stressed, quickly checking her surroundings, "I'll go find her."

Sukara hurried off in the direction she was originally going in, eventually breaking into a run.

#####

Sukara was crossing a walkway when she spotted her. Dark hair being thrown just out of sight below, an unfamiliar figure following her.

In a split second decision, Sukara took hold of the wall next to her with one hand and spun herself over it. As she kicked over, her foot immersed in flames, attacking the figure. He threw his hands up and backed up a little as the fire came towards him from above. She did a quick roll to break her fall, her foot hitting the ground hard as she stopped herself, sending a pillar of earth up in front of her. Her movements precise and smooth as she got up, punching the pillar towards the man.

He punched through it, sending rock hurtling at her face. A few small pieces hit, cutting into her skin. This only made her angry. She sent blasts of fire at his head. With a final sharp shot to the ground, an earth pillar shot up, hitting the man square in the jaw. He was knocked unconscious.

A thud sound behind her made her head spin so fast she almost broke her own neck. Kuvira stood with a smirk on her face, another assailant pinned against the wall with metal strips.

"You're always so focused," she said as Sukara calmed down, "you don't look at what else is around you."

"You're welcome, I believe is my line," Sukara joked, relaxing now that she knew Kuvira was safe, "you seem to have forgotten yours."

"Are you going to thank me for saving your ass?" Kuvira asked, dusting off the dirt on her clothes.

"There are plenty of ways I could thank you," Sukara said, a suggestive smirk on her face as she spoke, "if you so desperately want me to."

"Wanna tell me a few of them," Kuvira flirted, straightening the cuffs of her shirt.

"Well, I could just say it for one." Sukara smiled, changing from her seductive tone mid sentence, causing Kuvira to roll her eyes, "I could bake you a cookie, get you a nice flower."

"Shut up," Kuvira said, shaking her head.

"I mean, I suppose I could fuck you until you couldn't walk but I like the cookie idea better," Sukara shrugged, wandering closer to her girlfriend.

"Fine then," Kuvira said, folding her arms as she watched Sukara try and get a reaction out of her, "you can have cookies tonight and nothing else."

"You're gonna bake me cookies?" Sukara asked, her eyes suddenly lighting up.

"You're such an asshole," Kuvira sighed as Sukara got closer.

"No wait--"

"We're still here you know," the intruder pinned to the wall said, a rather uncomfortable look on his face.

"No one's talking to you," Sukara told him before turning back to Kuvira, "is this an ultimatum? Cause I choose sex, but I do want cookies."

Kuvira rolled her eyes again and shook her head as Su, accompanied by Wei and Wing, came to find them.

"Oh good, you've got them," she said as she spotted the two men, one unconscious on the floor, the other pinned to the wall, "the guards are doing a sweep but we think there were only two."

Sukara nodded, acknowledging what Su had just said but turned back to Kuvira still clearly wanting an answer. Kuvira looked a little surprised at where her girlfriend's priorities where but gave her a little nod all the same to let her know that they were going to find cookies after this.