𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

Akaashi had a strong intuition. He quickly went after you when he saw Nakano took you somewhere. He was furious to see his suspicions were correct. It provoked something inside of him. It turned him.

Akaashi could never bash someone unconscious, but at that moment, he felt a surge of great power, granting him the physical power that he lacked. You were more terrified to see him in this state.

Self-note: don't anger the quiet person.

Nakano was already battered on the ground yet Akaashi wasn't stopping. His elbow was stretched back, ready to give a finishing blow.

You hurled forward reaching for his fist.

"No, Akaashi. Stop," you cupped his hand and stopped him just in time, "I'm okay, so just stop."

Hearing your whimper snapped him back to his senses. He got up and backed away. His breathing became heavy when he perceived what he had done.

Nakano grimaced on the floor. He kept coughing from the extreme sting all over his body.

You dragged Akaashi out of the place while taking one last glimpse at Nakano.

Out of the goodness of your heart, you felt sorry for whatever happened to him and his club. You had to apologize that you're not the savior he had hoped for.

Akaashi wasn't speaking anything. He even let go of your hand to have a seat at a bench. He couldn't spare you a glance, not after that brutal performance right before you. He was ashamed of himself because he had almost lost it.

You stepped forward and held his body close. You stroked his hair, hoping it would comfort him. It did help him. His muscles started to loosen from your warm touch, knowing that you're not angry at him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry " He repeated, almost in tears, "I di-didn't know what came over me."

"You shouldn't be sorry. You saved me, so thank you."

He feared that you might keep your distance from him after what he had done, but there you were, thanking him for what he became.

He noticed a slight bruise on your wrist, which you hadn't even realized.

"I should take you to the nurse's office," he took your hand, giving it a light touch.

"Huh?" Just now you saw what Nakano's clutch did to you.

"Does it hurt?"

"No."

Akaashi was silent along the way. You sat on one of the beds while he was wrapping the gauze around the bruise.

You watched his cold, empty eyes. He was seemingly distracted and still regretted his action.

"Akaashi you didn't do anything wrong."

You assured him, although it might need more than just that to convince him he was the good guy. He was probably angry at himself.

"He deserved it. You shouldn't feel sorry for yourself."

The corner of his lips curled up into a small smile, "You are always so kind, [surname]," he finished strapping up the bandage but he kept your hand to hold.

"Please know that I am not the person you saw. That was not me, I-"

You cupped his face, "I know, you don't have to tell me. I know who you are."

──────────

You were thankful that Akaashi came at the right time, but it was difficult to forget what he did after that. You were worried and scared that you wouldn't be able to stop him.