T W E N T Y N I N E

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"What's going on here? Sara, how's the pain?"

Alex fired questions at me and waited for me to respond but I kept my mouth shut savoring the moment we had in each other's embrace.

Alex looked up at Xander waiting for any possible explanation he could get.

"Lex, I think we need to talk about Sara's sc-"

Before Xander could complete his sentence I stopped him the middle and turned towards Xander silently begging him to go on with me "My eating habits are fine Xander, Alex and Mary both keep a proper check on how much I eat every day"

Xander clenched his lips slightly and looked up at Alex "that's right, we need to keep a check on her nutrition intake. She seems to have a bad immune system I'd suggest you go get her some multivitamin tablets right now while I check her vitals"

I knew immediately that Xander won't let this go, he's ready to slide with me right now but he wants an explanation.

"I'll go get it right now Xen, no worries, as long as Sara feels well again, just tell me what all you want?" Alex said and got his car keys from the tabletop without a second thought.

In this moment, I felt loved.

I loved how he treasured me.

How he cared about me.

"Actually why don't you go to my hospital? I've had some special medicine come in today from a pharmacy, apparently, they're working very well in the main market, just call my secretary and she'll give you all the medicines" Alex nodded and ruffled my hair lightly before leaving the house.

This is it.

"I-I know you want to know and y-you have an l-lot of q-questions but please don't tell Alex anything, I promise I'm doing this for him. I promise I'll keep him safe and give everything he's working for, j-just please don't tell him anything. The time isn't r-right" I tried explaining while Xander kept mum.

"Sara, popcorn, more than anything else right now that's concerning me are your scars. I asked you to be my little sister and if you can't even confide in me what's the point? Those are not normal scars Sara and I know that, how are you even modeling with those hidden from the public eyes?" A loud sob left my mouth and Xander engulfed in a bear hug.

"It's okay popcorn, but please tell me what those scars are all about, I don't want anything like what happened with lily happens to you" I pulled away and sat down on the bed with Xander kneeling in front of me.

"Who's l-lily?" I asked and Xander smiled at me tenderly "She was my elder sister, she took care of me before I was sent to the orphanage. S-She was raped and murdered by some drunk men" I gasped as tears fell off my eyes because I understood the pain his sister went through, I understood what it felt like to be violated.

I took Xander's hand in mine while he rubbed them softly as if trying to calm me down, I closed my eyes and thought of Alex trying to calm my nerve.

"I-I a-am n-not Sara" I whispered loud enough for Xander to hear and saw him give me a confused look.

Hesitantly I raised my hands up and rubbed my eyes softly before taking off one of my contact lenses, all the while keeping my eyes on the ground avoiding Xander's stare.